• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
There's something that looks off on these pictures, particularly the guy on the right. It looks like he has tiny feet, probably due to the trousers leg opening being a bit wide for such a sleek and close-cut shoe. The Beaulieu side looks more harmonious.

+1

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
i use the wax closest to the colour of my shoes. yes, over the time they develop some natural patina. i like this...

I do the same -- I am not fussy about using a darker polish. The LS website mentiones that the effect you see on both pairs were obtained by using lighter and darker polishes as the owners liked -- note that both shoes started with approximately the same color.

Please post photos of results of "Fosters" experiment when it is completed.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Those trouser openings are wide !?
eh.gif
eh.gif
I thought they were smaller.

Yes, compared to the size of the feet they look wide - they cover almost all of the laces too. Again, can't quite put my figure on it but something here is off and it makes the guys feet look tiny.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Yes, compared to the size of the feet they look wide - they cover almost all of the laces too. Again, can't quite put my figure on it but something here is off and it makes the guys feet look tiny.

Maybe it is just your personal preference -- FWIW, to my eyes the pair on the right looks perfect (and the pair on the right has too small a trouser leg opening).

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Terrible rippling? Have you ever worn a shoe? Leather tends to "crease" over time....

you're funny. i own about three dozens and i'm hard on them, not only due to my weight, lol. none of them is close to this condition. i'm so sorry to disappoint you...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is just your personal preference
ya sure that's what it is... they're perfect

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Care to explain why? I see two pairs of shoes well worn and well-cared-for by the owners. The antiquing does not look artificial at all. Here are some better pictures from the LS website:
egb21.jpg
egb31.jpg

I have red in MensEx magazine that teenage girls loOOve men in patinated shoes. Is it tlue or false?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please post photos of results of "Fosters" experiment when it is completed.

will do, though it's an ongoing thing.

there's a before picture in the shoes with character thread, but i'm unable to find them, now.

artoftime

Reaction score
Have been rocking teh Vash Budapester lately...the look is growing on me... the quality and comfort are first rate.

2010-10-17124607.jpg

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
I have red in MensEx magazine that teenage girls loOOve men in patinated shoes.
Is it tlue or false?

Congrats on the funniest post of the day.
It may be the monthly winner, but there are yet a few days left.

Oyaji

Reaction score
Is it tlue or false?

Whateber you lead in MensEx is true.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it tlue or false?

Me believe it.
Girls love flashy shoe.

Originally Posted by artoftime
Have been rocking teh Vash Budapester lately...the look is growing on me... the quality and comfort are first rate.

Perfect!
worship.gif

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Brax, you have my admiration and envy.

Thanks. That's pretty much all of them except for three more Vass that I have on order and one pair of boots that have not yet been photographed. The boots cost a small fortune but they are worth every penny. The fit is very tight so I can barely stand to walk in them for very long.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
you're funny. i own about three dozens and i'm hard on them, not only due to my weight, lol. none of them is close to this condition. i'm so sorry to disappoint you...

Me believe you.
Me have high toe box in some older shoes,
none look mess like that,
not even close.
Symptom of average fit and lesser quality leather could be.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brax
Thanks. That's pretty much all of them except for three more Vass that I have on order and one pair of boots that have not yet been photographed. The boots cost a small fortune but they are worth every penny. The fit is very tight so I can barely stand to walk in them for very long.

Brax,

I'd love to see what the boots look like, been on the fence for a while about vass boots vs EG!

-Geoff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads