• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

Please Respond

Reaction score
What do you think the right climate is for this jacket?
Application? It's hard to tell from the picture if it's moderate to heavy duty...

2015052572529-2T.jpg

SteezNuts

Reaction score

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah...i thought it might be. control is a god damn clothing dictionary
smile.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Please Respond
What do you think the right climate is for this jacket? Application? It's hard to tell from the picture if it's moderate to heavy duty...
2015052572529-2T.jpg

um....did you notice the fill count? its for colder then sweater, not cold enough to dog sled.

Please Respond

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
um....did you notice the fill count? its for colder then sweater, not cold enough to dog sled.

Don't know much about fill count. Wonder if it would be a good jacket for our mild LA winters or too heavy/bulky?

a2_hennessy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SteezNuts
The first link has a merino wool shell meanwhile the second link has a polyester shell.
Ah, didn't even notice that. Are they both going to have the same warmth factor? I'm pretty new to this buying winterwear thing (lived in Texas for most of my life), so you'll have to forgive me for all the stupid questions.

willyxjai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy
Does anybody know any online stores that carry Canada Goose parkas at discounted prices (perhaps from previous seasons)? I'm looking to buy one for my first Detroit winter, and would really like to be able to get them at a price less than full retail.

Of course, if there aren't, I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet.
eh.gif

http://www.gear-up.com/category/340

They used sell their chilliwack for under 400 but that was last year, not sure if they'll do it again especially when winter is just around the corner.

robowarrior

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is the original Canada Goose Expedition Parka sizing way off? I usually wear L in jackets, but S was the size that fit me best

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willyxjai
http://www.gear-up.com/category/340

They used sell their chilliwack for under 400 but that was last year, not sure if they'll do it again especially when winter is just around the corner.

540$ is cheap as it is, they retail for 800$ around here, should had proxyed my last two
plain.gif

Canada Goose doesn't go on sale, as they sell the exact same jacket next winter

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a down vest from Ruelala's sale a few weeks ago. It's really warm and cozy, but the fit won't be SW&D style.

gearhead

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123

fill count is 750 Hutterite white duck down

and to the sizing of the expediation, yeah, i have to size down two on normal canada goose wear, they are gigantic, japan editions, its safe to go true to size

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads