• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
SL Chergui, just because

boo

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers 1818 today. Reminds me of maple syrup. I bought this based on a spray to the arm at a store and thought I liked it, but it turns out the scent I really liked was this blended with the sillage of something at the Tom Ford counter that I had previously visited. I hate when that happens.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ nuts, man.

Today, in a fit of indecisiveness I reached blindly into the closet under the dress shirts and pulled the first box that came to hand. Turned out to be Habit Rouge Legere.

Might do that all week and give the underworn scents a chance.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
That's the one I haven't tried. My hopes aren't too high because I keep reading that it's overly sweet, which is a deal breaker for me. I'll try it one of these days.
I was just on a coffee note kick so did some research to find good frags around that one.

New Haarlem came up, obviously. If you like it but want something stronger and a more like a bitter coffee instead of sweet, then look at Ava Luxe Cafe Noir. Hard to find and expensive, but apparently nice (check their site).

My notes on other ones:
Rochas Man - pretty cheap, I personally found it sweet and milky, with an anise note similar to Body Kouros actually. IMO nothing like NH or Cafe Noire.
Endymion - ?? (not pure coffee, just has a note).
Ava Luxe Cafe Noir - read comparison to New Haarlem here:
http://www.eiderdownpress.com/Ava_Luxe_Cafe_Noir.html
CSP Vanilla Mokha - ?? more like mocha then dark bitter chocolate
\thttp://cgi.ebay.com/Comptoir-Sud-Pac...-/150498945569 - $25
Also check their website, currently on sale for about $22
A*Men Pure Coffee - hard to find, synthetic. To try?
Jo Malone Black Vetyver cafÃ
00a9.png
- to Test, apparently short lived as usual
Originally Posted by kulata
Wearing L'Artisan Tea for two
Nice! I just bought a bottle of this one. Looking forward to wearing it soon
Originally Posted by by the power of RA
Im wearing tokyo milk no 6
I just saw this line locally and smelled a few but all I got was a sort of "cheap clothing store fragrance line" vibe

Yesterday, Ungaro II. If anyone wants a decant of this to swap let me know.

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Been on an Etro kick the past few days. Yesterday was Gomma - a slightly sweetish leathery scent in the vein of Aramis or Knize. Nothing special there.

Today was New Traditions - kind of a flowery woodsy scent that wasn't very long lasting at all. Definite downer.

Dane - Good to have you back. Where you been man?

I come & go...I'm flakey like that.
eh.gif

Wearing Theo Fennell Scent today...glorious, glorious skank. Some flowers too...and saffron...but mostly skank.

loveswatching

Reaction score
Dirty English. I am trying to kill the damm bottle. On a good note, My Creed MI bottle showed up along with a bunch of La Artisan samples.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Muscs Koublai Khan today.

yodawg

Reaction score
how do you guys find hermes bel ami? is it similar to helmut lang cuiron/ miller harris cuir d'oranger? inquiring minds want to know...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yodawg
how do you guys find hermes bel ami? is it similar to helmut lang cuiron/ miller harris cuir d'oranger? inquiring minds want to know...

Current version Bel Ami is way, way different from Cuiron, on me at least. Bel Ami is sharply spicy/woody, while Cuiron is more dirty candied orange/leather. Vintage Bel Ami I think is more like Cuiron, but that's not really saying much IMHO - since the original difference is so large.

That said, I hardly wear either of them - they only come out in Winter, and I seem to forget that I have them at various times.
frown.gif

Today...Nicole Miller for Men (reformulated). Good, but I don't think I'd miss it if the bottle(s) disappeared one day.

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Etro Palais Jamais today - another very feminine scent. Can't make out a single note at this point.

Feminine? PJ's one of the butchest scents I own!

Having said that...wearing Amouage Gold Woman today.
biggrin.gif

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have been using YSL l'homme for the past few months. i've gotten compliments on other cologne i wear, but i gotta say that this one in particular has gotten the most.

anyone else wear this?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dane
Feminine? PJ's one of the butchest scents I own!
Really? That's odd. Looks like I'll have to give it another wear today then.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Carnal Flower

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads