• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
which one?
hey man, i thought you were going to wait for the oak street...i didnt get mine yet to compare. but those dress ranger w/o the strap are nice. how did they manage that?

racknac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
hey man, i thought you were going to wait for the oak street...i didnt get mine yet to compare. but those dress ranger w/o the strap are nice. how did they manage that?

I'll probably pick up the oak street boots as well... going to meet with the guy in 2 weeks to see them in person. I'm not in a hurry to pick up some oak street boots as it is going into winter and i see them as more spring/summer/fall shoes.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
cool man. you should take pics of his place if they have a set-up and what not.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i love that tobacco color. thats a bummer they didnt work.

rickvalentine

Reaction score
These are great boots! although as they seem to be a relatively new brand, I cant find a lot of stockists with a good selection, Just noticed that Coggles have started selling a few pairs, but them seem to be the shoes rather than the boots.

anyone know of a UK retailer?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rickvalentine
These are great boots! although as they seem to be a relatively new brand, I cant find a lot of stockists with a good selection, Just noticed that Coggles have started selling a few pairs, but them seem to be the shoes rather than the boots. anyone know of a UK retailer?
yes and no. yuketen is not new -- per se. they have been around for while. they began selling their shoes in japan and its only been within the past few years they started selling their products here in the states. you can find out more about their history if you do a good internet search. and the reason why yuketen "doesnt have a good selection," although i would disagree with you, is because they only make what their retailers order. if the retailers dont order a specific style, it doesnt get made. its a unique philosophy, which is not for everybody. another new (this past september) line that is yuketen's competition is oak street bootmakers. here is their website to check em out...its good stuff! http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/

amin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rickvalentine
These are great boots! although as they seem to be a relatively new brand, I cant find a lot of stockists with a good selection, Just noticed that Coggles have started selling a few pairs, but them seem to be the shoes rather than the boots.

anyone know of a UK retailer?

http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/brand/20/yuketen/

only other online retailer that i know of in the UK

mikecch

Reaction score
Went to the Australian Yuketen stockist today, a shop in Melbourne called Up There. Some very nice, exclusive Yuketen designs:
pa300029j.jpg
pa300037.jpg
pa300032.jpg
pa300028.jpg
pa300034.jpg
pa300144.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
can someone who has bought a yuketen chukka with a camp sole talk about how you sized? did you go up or down? about a month or so ago i tried on a pair of chukka's from revolver with the elevated front/back crepe sole in size 8.5 (which is my yuketen size), and when i put them on my foot slipped around at the back of the shoe, plus i couldnt stand that crepe sole style...so i had to return them. so i am trying to determine if i need to go down a half size in the yuketen chukka or if it was an issue with that particular style.

i found a pair for super cheap and im just wondering if anyone has had any success with the chukka/camp sole combo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads