• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
Any positive experience needs multiple sworn affidavits with times, dates and pictures.
tinfoil.gif

Seriously? This entire thread is designed to stroke Alden's c*#k does so quite consistently (without affidavits).

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Seriously? This entire thread is designed to stroke Alden's c*#k does so quite consistently (without affidavits).
You sound pretty bitter about that.
laugh.gif

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thor
Mac- do you ever gets scuffs on your shoes (it doesn't appear so
smile.gif
- and of so, I how do you get them out?

I have some that no amount of brushing will eliminate...and I am wary of using too much paste...but that only seems to mute them- not eliminate...

Any tips? Anyone?

i do get scuffs on my shoes. i have found the procedure works very well as follows:
1- wipe with damp cloth
2- brush vigorously with a horse hair shoe brush
3- buff with a smooth cloth
4- only apply polish after a minimum of eighteen wearings

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaelw
i do get scuffs on my shoes. i have found the procedure works very well as follows:
1- wipe with damp cloth
2- brush vigorously with a horse hair shoe brush
3- buff with a smooth cloth
4- only apply polish after a minimum of eighteen wearings

Hi Mac, How often do you replace your brushes?

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would I be bitter? I love Alden, esp. their boots. Pretty much all I wear these days. I just don't know what you're talking about.

When was the last time anyone had to defend why they like Aldens in this thread?

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody suggest a rep to deal with from the DC Alden shop?
Do you know their email address?

syntonic

Reaction score
I tried on a Barrie last the other day and I was a 10/D, but I think I'm going to go with a Plaza last. Should I go up half a size? I'm also a 10/D in Park Aves.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi Mac, How often do you replace your brushes?

never

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mkytyw.jpg

color 8 lwb

yesssir

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Can anybody suggest a rep to deal with from the DC Alden shop?
Do you know their email address?

From my experience with the DC Alden shop there's only two sales associates (one male and one female). They're both very knowledgeable about the different lasts. I've been in there atleast once a week for the past month while trying on different lasts to see what I will purchase from the shoemart irregular list. Just give them a call.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Seriously? Seems like a dick move. Did you tell them you were trying on their shoes to see which ones you'd buy cheaper from an online merchant?

yesssir

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
^ Seriously? Seems like a dick move. Did you tell them you were trying on their shoes to see which ones you'd buy cheaper from an online merchant?

wtf is it to you? Plenty of forum members suggest going into a brick and mortar store to know what size to order from online retailers. Saves me the time and money from shipping an item that I'm unfamiliar with how it fits. I'm not saying that I will never buy from them but before shelling out $500+ dollars, I want to try one pair of Aldens at a discount price to see if they are for me or not. If so, then I will be glad to give them my service. So mind you business until then.

jesask

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782

I agree

yesssir

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jesask
I agree

+2

Totally classless.

I guess you guys think I came here for your approval of my actions
laugh.gif
. I think it's pretty stupid to spend full retail on a pair of shoes that may not even work in my favor. Why not spend nearly half price for some brand new shoes to try out? You guys obviously are salesman to get so offended by what I did, but I think it's pretty smart. It's no worst than the members I see, on a daily basis, on here that go into various retail stores to try on high priced items and then buy from b&s, ebay, yoox, or other online retailers at a discount.

You call it classless, I call it smart. I'm done with this conversation as far as I'm concerned because I came here to become educated on quality menswear that will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads