• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I didn't really even browse sf for like 2 months or so, so i'm assuming it happened then. But who is lane? Is it a username change or a sufu person? Still don't know who he is but i see him post a lot and is in timeout. Confused....

Thanks, kunk. I wonder if bilzerian has any. I don't like going in there though since i really can't buy anything and just feel guilty

edit damn. beat me to it

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
This looks nice. Any idea what the material on that is? Guessing cotton or canvas. Solid though. Might pick it up. Can't find info on the new collection. Keep getting blog posts about last year's. Link?
Yeah I can't find anything at all either, just saw it from looking through an image dump of Uniqlo's site. The shell should be cotton, probably coated with something. Here's the other two things I saw, didn't see anything else marked KM though:
tumblr_laupogod9u1qbmp06.jpg
tumblr_laupolOP8c1qbmp06.jpg
edit: oh hey guess it's on the japanese and korean sites in full now: http://store.uniqlo.com/jp/CSaGoods/417364-59

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't really even browse sf for like 2 months or so, so i'm assuming it happened then. But who is lane? Is it a username change or a sufu person? Still don't know who he is but i see him post a lot and is in timeout. Confused....

Thanks, kunk. I wonder if bilzerian has any. I don't like going in there though since i really can't buy anything and just feel guilty

edit damn. beat me to it

You can go in and see if they have a black Fred Bare military cap left for me... and take pictures of belts. Unless he has gone straight up MA+ and Julius, he always has interesting belts. I miss that place. Tons of crazy cool deadstock.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Yeah I can't find anything at all either, just saw it from looking through an image dump of Uniqlo's site. The shell should be cotton, probably coated with something. Here's the other two things I saw, didn't see anything else marked KM though:

Thanks. I like that green jacket a lot too.

Originally Posted by LA Guy
You can go in and see if they have a black Fred Bare military cap left for me... and take pictures of belts. Unless he has gone straight up MA+ and Julius, he always has interesting belts. I miss that place. Tons of crazy cool deadstock.

Yea, it's a really cool store. More interesting in some ways than atelier or at least different. Have never actually been to the upstairs portion though as i assume it's just ladys stuff. Did you really want the cap? I mean, if i did go by in the next week i could just pick it up and ship it to you and you could pay me back.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Hope you guys are ballin like mad, those hours would probably put me in 30% bonus territory.
I won't see a bonus anytime soon, and I'm far from ballin.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that km **** looks pretty dope. ive kinda wanted to try out some more military inspired **** but i'm trying to figure out the right piece to add in first

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
that km **** looks pretty dope. ive kinda wanted to try out some more military inspired **** but i'm trying to figure out the right piece to add in first

i mean you can score decent looking milsurp french f2 jacket type things off ebay for real cheap. i used to have a black one (was the first purchase or two i made after joining the forum) and it worked out really well. Kinda wish i kept it as it was pretty cool

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I like that green jacket a lot too.

Yea, it's a really cool store. More interesting in some ways than atelier or at least different. Have never actually been to the upstairs portion though as i assume it's just ladys stuff. Did you really want the cap? I mean, if i did go by in the next week i could just pick it up and ship it to you and you could pay me back.

Yeah, I actually do want the cap. I should just call them, but they are not really great at phone sales. It has a larger brim, and a flat top. I don't want the olive version (Chinese dudes don't wear green hats.) but they did have a black one. It was $170, I believe. And they always go to 30% off at sales. Hmmm... maybe I'll just call and see if they have it in. I'd really like a pic before getting it, because you can never be sure that they pulled the right thing.

Upstairs is all women's. I've gotten my wife a few accessories from there.

chroMe

Reaction score
the Child of the Jago sweater would look better with white ceramic flies on them

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's nothing more ******* annoying than a bunch of NZers with an inferiority complex. http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php...27389750649753 god. People are actually rallying and think that's gonna make Warner Bros want to film here? Even our frikken Prime Minister proposed we spread our legs lest they find somewhere else to film. Edit to make it fashion-related: Peter Jackson needs a shave and a properly-fitting suit.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
There's nothing more ******* annoying than a bunch of NZers with an inferiority complex.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php...27389750649753

god. People are actually rallying and think that's gonna make Warner Bros want to film here?

Even our frikken Prime Minister proposed we spread our legs lest they find somewhere else to film.

Well, at this point, isn't the entire national economy based on the Lord of the Rings franchise?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^

ToJ leathers and whatever money the Flight of the Conchords guys send back home provide the rest of it.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
Well, at this point, isn't the entire national economy based on the Lord of the Rings franchise?

Originally Posted by Nil
^^^^^

ToJ leathers and whatever money the Flight of the Conchords guys send back home provide the rest of it.

Nah, dairy is the big export. There was actually a proposed cow flatulence tax a few years ago because of the amount of methane they release into the atmosphere.

But i will give a bonus point for the TOJ leathers.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Yeah, I actually do want the cap. I should just call them, but they are not really great at phone sales. It has a larger brim, and a flat top. I don't want the olive version (Chinese dudes don't wear green hats.) but they did have a black one. It was $170, I believe. And they always go to 30% off at sales. Hmmm... maybe I'll just call and see if they have it in. I'd really like a pic before getting it, because you can never be sure that they pulled the right thing.

Upstairs is all women's. I've gotten my wife a few accessories from there.

哈哈我给你戴绿帽子!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads