• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dganderson
I really like the way you have everything set up Ob5cur1ty.
Thank you.
smile.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Not my crib, but if I were staying in NJ I would like it to be mine.

321285103799.jpg
21285187622.jpg

51285187623.jpg
81285187624.jpg

111285187625.jpg

171285187627.jpg
291285187634.jpg

lefty

Not a fan of the exterior but the interior shots are amazing. Really makes you want to live there. I love that small bedroom with the open view on the trees.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Not a fan of the exterior but the interior shots are amazing. Really makes you want to live there. I love that small bedroom with the open view on the trees.

^^^
Are the interiors original Nakashima?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
^^^

Sounds like it from the description lefty posted/quoted

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
I hardly dare post in this thread, but I'm actually quite pleased with how my new shoebox is turning out. It's not quite finished yet, but nearly.

Living space (with just enough book space):

DSC01629.jpg
DSC01638.jpg
DSC01641.jpg
DSC01620.jpg

Peeping into the world's smallest bedroom:

DSC01645.jpg
DSC01642.jpg

Which is conveniently located for the world's smallest kitchen:

DSC01622.jpg
DSC01623.jpg
DSC01649.jpg

i have the exact same shelves in the exact same configuration from Ikea,well done

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Not exactly an "SF crib" unless Tokyo Slim wants to try to take over the lease, but I thought that this story from the NY Times was worth posting here. Essentially, there's a family living in a two-story, pyramid-shaped apartment at the top of the Smith Tower in Seattle: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/21/ga...me&ref=general The place looks pretty damned cool - views to die for, including a small "lighthouse" right at the top of the structure, reached by a vertical tunnel. Here are some photos to accompany the article: http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/201...n/21WHOss.html
I actually wrote about this two years ago. This is how far ahead of the curve I am. http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...8&postcount=89

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
^^^

Originally Posted by gdl203
Sounds like it from the description lefty posted/quoted

Furniture and lighting. There are probably dozens of homes in that area filled with Nakashima slowly being stripped and sold off at Solo/Rago once the children discover what their parents' furniture is worth. While the house needs some colour and life, you'd be crazy not to buy that furniture. My guess is an extra 200K.

GDL, your new weekend getaway?

Full listing: http://www.lisajamesotto.com/315-Goa...d-a183473.html

Ob, nice place - very calming palette.

lefty

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
i have the exact same shelves in the exact same configuration from Ikea,well done
LOL, thanks.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Nice pad, 0b5cur1ty.

- B

Originally Posted by lefty
Ob, nice place - very calming palette.

lefty

Thanks for the kind words. Ironically, probably the two best aspects of the place are the ones not shown: The balcony and the location. The former because it's still in use as a dumping place for rubble, plaster and tiles, the latter... well, you never know who's hanging around this place...
wink.gif

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
I hardly dare post in this thread, but I'm actually quite pleased with how my new shoebox is turning out. It's not quite finished yet, but nearly.

Living space (with just enough book space):

DSC01629.jpg
DSC01638.jpg
DSC01641.jpg
DSC01620.jpg

DSC01645.jpg
DSC01642.jpg

DSC01622.jpg
DSC01623.jpg
DSC01649.jpg

Loving it! I went from a 3000 square foot bungalow with finished walk-up basement and dormer attic to my 650 square-foot loft. I can't imagine going bigger now. My loft functions perfectly for me. I love living small...gives me time and money to devote to other things.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve Thomas
Loving it! I went from a 3000 square foot bungalow with finished walk-up basement and dormer attic to my 650 square-foot loft. I can't imagine going bigger now. My loft functions perfectly for me. I love living small...gives me time and money to devote to other things.
Thank you.

It's weird, I started out looking for something bigger with a guest bedroom... but all the apartments I looked at like that felt 'meh'. This one, even though it was looking a bit rough at the edges, immediately gave me the feeling of 'I could live here'. Plus, going small meant I could afford a riverside location in the centre of the city.
smile.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've actually moved to the historic centre of beautiful Haarlem (just west of Amsterdam). The apartment has a terrific location.
smile.gif

I used to spend a lot of time at DeLift and Studio on the Grote Markt.

Ohh and Fidels...

K

Bellum

Reaction score

That would be considered spacious in Tokyo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads