• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your San Francisco Giants: World Series Champions 2010!

shademore

Reaction score
I"m looking forward to it. It gives me a chance to continue to quietly hope for the Giants' demise. The Giants can certainly pitch and as long as they can hold the Ranger offense to 2-3 runs I'd say they have a chance.

Rangers in 6

borderline

Reaction score
According to Pitch F/X, here is the location of the called strike 3 to Howard. It is Pitch #7, well within the strike zone.

"I saw the pitch," Howard said. "I just saw it down. He kind of hesitated making the call, and that's it."

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice.

I thought it was a ball low as well. Good to see I was wrong.

On the other hand, does that computer take into account player's heights? I thought the strike zone was adjusted for each player. Surely Howard has a higher up strike zone than average.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Nice.

I thought it was a ball low as well. Good to see I was wrong.

On the other hand, does that computer take into account player's heights? I thought the strike zone was adjusted for each player. Surely Howard has a higher up strike zone than average.

My understanding is that the strike zone plotting is done using three fixed mount cameras in the stadium. Two of the cameras plot the position of the ball over the plate and the third is used to calculate the upper and lower limits of the strike zone for each player. So the strike zone changes (on the vertical) for each player. Assuming that this description of the technology is correct, what you're looking at is Howard's strike zone, not an average or whatever.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go Rangers.
peepwall[1].gif

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Lincecum + bullpen (perhaps) can outpitch Lee tomorrow night, then the Giants have a shot. If not, they'll have to have phenomenal performances from both Cain and Sanchez for any kind of shot. I'm curious to see if Zito makes the roster. I think he might be able to come through if called on, even in a relief role. Jeez the Giants have a lot of lefties--Sanchez, Bumgarner, Zito, Affeldt, ...who am I forgetting?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That Barry Bonds was not around to celebrate the Giants' win is a special pleasure.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheIdler
^^^ Javier Lopez

as a red sox fan, i went through the initial joy of having Lopez face lefty's and do so well... then the american league figured him out and he was essentially useless...

rangers have faced him and know what to expect...

don't get me started on ramon ramirez... he's the classic case of very very good looking stuff that hitters still can hit. he was the master of the bullpen HR meltdown.... all facing american league hitters.

I actually watched the redsox giants game last june where lester was great and lincecum had an off day... (actually he was rocked ORtiz had a water shot HR).....

lincecum will have to really have his change-up going (which is going great as of late) to fight off those american league hitters (and current murderer's row in the middle of texas' lineup).

photoguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorian
If Lincecum + bullpen (perhaps) can outpitch Lee tomorrow night, then the Giants have a shot. If not, they'll have to have phenomenal performances from both Cain and Sanchez for any kind of shot. I'm curious to see if Zito makes the roster. I think he might be able to come through if called on, even in a relief role. Jeez the Giants have a lot of lefties--Sanchez, Bumgarner, Zito, Affeldt, ...who am I forgetting?

The problem with Zito in relief is that he generally settles in as the game goes on. But I like the idea of having him on the roster in case we have another early meltdown from a starting pitcher like in G6 of the NLCS. He is clearly of more use than someone like Mota, or possibly Romo.

borderline

Reaction score
So much for that low-scoring game everyone was predicting...

Very sloppy though. 6 errors combined.

dave

Reaction score
It's okay, I'm still saying Rangers in 5. Everyone has bad games, thank god it appears that every player on the Rangers had theirs on the same day. won't have another for the rest of the series!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads