• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
Today I lowsided while turning into my driveway. I think the tire lost traction on a pile of leaves
frown.gif

It all happened so quickly. One moment I was making a routine turn, the next I was on the ground. I was wearing my gloves and helmet and a hoodie, but shorts on the bottom = road rash.

The windshield's cracked and one of the turn signals is broken, but other than that I think everything's fine. Haven't checked to see if it'll start yet. I'll check alignment tomorrow. Any other tips?

That sucks man, sorry to hear it. Didn't you see the leaves? Depending on how long they were there, when they trap moisture underneath, they can slide like greased f*cking lightning. Hope your road rash was not too bad, and glad this happened in your driveway as opposed to a street or highway with oncoming traffic...

Originally Posted by eg1
On the plus side, road into work today.
smile.gif

Did you wear your Canada Goose?

Originally Posted by Flambeur
scrambler_800px.jpg

lulz at that windshield.. WTF?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's about the size of the one on my GS, just enough to smooth the air a little at highway speed. That pic makes me think I should really strip my bike down, find some gravel and go try riding dirt style at some point.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
It's about the size of the one on my GS, just enough to smooth the air a little at highway speed. That pic makes me think I should really strip my bike down, find some gravel and go try riding dirt style at some point.

Interesting. I had assumed it had some sort of implied functionality, and judging by the shape, aerodynamically, it probably does direct some of that friction above the rider.

sonomadrifter

Reaction score
Some great looking bikes in here.

I've been scouting for a CB550 project for a while, put a bid in on one and hopefully build it up this winter!

Some others:

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/mnkymits/******/150_cafe1200.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/mnkymits/******/Bon27.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/mnkymits/******/150_cafevtwin21.jpg

KnowYourRights

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Giving some serious thought to adding this to my garage.. Anyone?

070608002.jpg

Good, solid bikes. And a good value!

I like the 360-degree motor found in the regular Bonnie range, but the 270-degree in the Scrambler makes it a really good town bike. The Bonnies and Scramblers are heavy bikes (450+ pounds), but not unmanageable.

If you go for a new one, it will have the fuel injection. But if you go for a used one and it has the carbs, be prepared to do a little surgery. Bikes came super-lean with the carbs, so you'll want to rejet them. Better still, tear out the entire airbox, get some better flowing pipes, and rejet the carbs. It will be a whole new bike. I did this to an '04 Bonnie I had, and the difference was night and day.

Not sure about the stock suspension on the Scramblers, but the Bonnie I had really benefitted from slightly heavier fork oil to reduce the diving under hard braking (if you're over, say, 170 pounds). That, and I put in progressive springs.

Don't let any of this put you off. The Hinckley Bonnies are great bikes right out of the box whether you've been riding a year or 50 years.

Lots of owners and their stories at http://www.triumphrat.net

cheers!

Jarandas

Reaction score
I loved my R90, but I sold it after a very bad accident, and I´m never ever gonna ride again... ... I´m completely recovered, after half a year of physiotherapy, and I don´t want to sit in a wheelchair ever again! And what´s the best way to avoid a motorcycle accident?... that´s right, not riding one! This is an R90 just like the one I had... it looks like it has pretty good brakes, but it was heavy and it took a while to stop. I wanted a classic motorbike that could be relatively reliable, and BMWs are good at that.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you wear your Canada Goose?
Ha -- actually was a nice, sunny fall day. Soon enough the snow will fall ...
cold[1].gif

abaqus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
quick iphone shot of my friend Walt's newest production (as in, his non bespoke offering) piece - meant to be a MTO, client has choice of several frame, bodywork, seat colors and engine/detailing finishes.
This is an upright Monster based bike, utilizing a Ducati 900SS motor/frame - many custom touches. The bespoke bikes are really amazing - www.waltsiegl.com
Enjoy -
IMG_0039.jpg

Discovered this thread today and fell in love with this beauty!
inlove.gif

Good enough a reason for my first posting in this forum.

abaqus

suzuka

Reaction score
anyone else notice the price of new ducatis falling to prices near japanese sport bikes?

It might be time to bite the bullet and finally join the ducati family

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beautiful weekend for motorcycle riding.. Low to mid 70s, sunshine.. Probably logged about 250 miles on backroads with some beautiful fall scenery.. When I got home, wanted to wash my bikes, since it had been a while. As I was rolling my forty-eight into the garage, I forgot that I had pulled my kickstand up..
ffffuuuu.gif

I realized what I had done before the bike fell, so I was able to ease it down without it slamming.. Surprising how easy it was to lift the thing back up, at over 550 pounds.. No damage, I got lucky..

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Reading this thread makes me
frown.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Reading this thread makes me
frown.gif

Making that poast made me weep..

So Pio, did you get your Kawasaki Councourse?

I saw some really nice looking Victory bikes the other day.. If I wasn't so brand loyal, I'd be highly tempted..

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Making that poast made me weep..

So Pio, did you get your Kawasaki Councourse?

I saw some really nice looking Victory bikes the other day.. If I wasn't so brand loyal, I'd be highly tempted..

No, I still have not gotten another bike. Victory is on my mind. I'm thinking of the Hammer S.

2011_Victory_Hammer_S.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads