• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you guys still wear tweed?

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see a place for this material in my wardrobe. The main reason is that it makes me look fat, and I'm already on the chubby side. Who here looks good in tweed?

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plain.gif
tweed-0910-xlg-67291500.jpg
16.jpg
http://prepidemic.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=300&h=300
11710GertGreen2686Web1.jpg
Picture+15.png
1.gif
3829892820_6f153d48ed.jpg
hackett12.jpg
Frayed-Tweed.jpg
on and on and on and on

Richdog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
I don't see a place for this material in my wardrobe. The main reason is that it makes me look fat, and I'm already on the chubby side. Who here looks good in tweed?
Can't you just get a tweed jacket made that fits well to your shape? Its not really that different to wearing any other jacket if you get the right fit and colour (grey or navy is my preference, the browns look too "country", but tweed can add a touch of class (in my opinion) over a regular sports jacket. I'm a slim guy, so good cuts of pretty much anything look flattering, and I would wear something like this along with a crisp white shirt and jeans, with some brown leather loafers that im fond of http://www.tweed-jacket.com/GALLERY%...ye%201_jpg.htm
smile.gif

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My next commission will be SB 1 button Harris tweed suit... I think how flattering a garment looks is dependent on the cut and fit. I've seen plenty of examples of flattering tweed garments on gentleman with less than Adonis-like physiques...

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the joys of winter in these parts is wearing tweed. Yes, I still wear it. I love it.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I wear tweed. In the city.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
loving the tweed, but i'm too young for it. i look out of place, although it fits well and i love the material. maybe in 15 yrs. probably gonna sell my 38R tweed jacket in brown soon, just doesn't work for my age
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads