• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I like the e21s, there were a bunch of really clean ones at bimmerfest a few years back that were lovely.

Originally Posted by Rye GB
Quite true, you should see how the Persian geezers drive these down Ventura Blvd in LA.

Hey I resemble that remark.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I just like the body style better than the E30. Also, a 1200 dollar E30 is just a beater BMW. But a 1200 dollar E21 is cool in a beat up old pickup kind of way.

amstokesdb9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
^ I just like the body style better than the E30. Also, a 1200 dollar E30 is just a beater BMW. But a 1200 dollar E21 is cool in a beat up old pickup kind of way.

+1, the E30s are appreciating like no one's business. Wish I still had mine...

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amstokesdb9
+1, the E30s are appreciating like no one's business. Wish I still had mine...

With the Spec E30 racing class growing so quickly, even beater E30s are rising in value as people snap them up to create low-budget race cars.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Haven't been able to buy a plastic-bumpered E30 iS coupe, 318 or 325, for under $5K for years now. About 7 or 8 years ago when all the Honda/VW ricers wanted to move to RWD, that was the first go-to car.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ps +1 for the E21 love, never had one but I always wanted a nice Euro spec E21.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had a nice german spec e30 325 with factory plaid interior when i lived in europe, i loved that car! I lust over the E30 m3's but, i can't justify to my wife on letting me spend that much on an older bmw (she is bias..her bro had two m3's which were constantly breaking down due to him boosting the piss out of them)

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new winter beater/dog carrier/grocery getter/cargo hauler/car for when I have more than one passenger:
PB070289.JPG
This part will take some getting used to:
PB070294.JPG
Will need some new tires and other odds and ends, but all in all not bad for $1900.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg

This part will take some getting used to:

PB070294.JPG

Will need some new tires and other odds and ends, but all in all not bad for $1900.

Wait...how did you get a non-USPS vehicle as right hand drive in the US?

Glenda2010

Reaction score
Nice post. I enjoy this post gorgeously with all of my friends. Really nice thanks. Good information here. I really enjoy reading them every day. I've learned a lot from them. Thanks for the good post.

Car Insurance

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Glenda2010
Nice post. I enjoy this post gorgeously with all of my friends. Really nice thanks. Good information here. I really enjoy reading them every day. I've learned a lot from them. Thanks for the good post.

Quoted sans
spam[1].gif
link for hilarity.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
Wait...how did you get a non-USPS vehicle as right hand drive in the US?

They sell limited quantities of a few different cars (Subaru Legacy wagons, for example) for purchase by USPS rural delivery runners. In any case, RHD Jeep guy, have fun with blind spots!

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
They sell limited quantities of a few different cars (Subaru Legacy wagons, for example) for purchase by USPS rural delivery runners. In any case, RHD Jeep guy, have fun with blind spots!

Yup, was purchased from the original owner; his wife used it on her rural route.

There's definitely a learning curve. So far I haven't hit anything!
thumbs-up.gif

johncubus

Reaction score
Love the e21 3er but would choke a nun to find a stock e30 M3 in decent shape.

Mine, nothing special. e60 545i 6MT with Recaro seat (baby seat that is). Stock besides the black grille. Gave it a wash after our drive back from Vancouver. Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads