• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Hoodies!? Recommendations

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about viewing hoodies as something other than outerwear? For example, there are a few hoodies out there which resemble sweaters more than gym wear. Many are even made out of wool or lightweight cotton knits.

I love the concept of layering using a cardigan, but rarely wear cardigans since they frequently look too fussy and old man like. But a nice knitted hoodie can serve roughly the same purpose without it feeling like you're wearing your outerwear indoors.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
can anyone recommend brands that fit slim and long (I'm 6'4)? A lot of the Japanese brands I've looked at look great, but I haven't found one with enough length. I've heard that some of the W+H hoodies fit long but also that their sizing can be inconsistent.
Chances of finding a hoodie with enough length by the Japanese brands discussed here will be slim to none. Unless they're cut purposefully long, like this MofM: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7999986 But even then, the sleeve length would still be an issue. iirc, the w+h hoody I had from fw09 were cut quite short and fit small. edit- on a side note, I really like the shape of this Devoa hoodie. Bit similar to the MA+ aviator (?)
img3319b.jpg

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DBSS currently has a hoodie with 72 cm length, and wjk has one with 69 cm. I'm not sure if those are long enough for someone who's 6'4", but those are by no means short or cropped lengths!

Also, Julius has had ones in past seasons that were around 80 cm with overly long sleeves. That would surely be long enough.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
img3319b.jpg

I like this too, but outside of the hood, the fabric and shape make it nearly look like a jacket.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I like this too, but outside of the hood, the fabric and shape make it nearly look like a jacket.
That's part of why I like it so much. Most hoodies you see are flabby and unstructured which have always personally put me off. It's pretty similar to the attachment hoodie/jacket nn posted a few days back. But yeah, it's definitely moreso a jacket than a hoodie.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
What about viewing hoodies as something other than outerwear? For example, there are a few hoodies out there which resemble sweaters more than gym wear. Many are even made out of wool or lightweight cotton knits.

I love the concept of layering using a cardigan, but rarely wear cardigans since they frequently look too fussy and old man like. But a nice knitted hoodie can serve roughly the same purpose without it feeling like you're wearing your outerwear indoors.

Like knitted hoodies?
vnm02107332_h~carbon_large.jpg
vnm02107325_h~cinder_setlarge.jpg

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Try DRKSHDW, I saw a nice one at Barneys a month ago but it was really long, I'm sure it is meant to be worn like that but I think it will work for you.

I like this one by DRKSHDW too, it zip all the way up too, comes in 3 different colors.
...[/IMG]

Thanks, I'll check this out.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a hoodie from Alternative Apparel...was only $35 shipped. I'll report back on quality.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just discovered Loopwheeler and loopwheel sweaters.

what is the cheapest one I can get?
relatively, I know they will be expensive.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy
What's wrong with the fit of W+H hoodies? I was right about to buy one from Roden Grey before seeing this thread. Enlighten me, someone.
smile.gif

Nothing, if you know your measurements.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about picking up a Reigning Champ hoodie.

I'm a 42" chest....size large?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads