• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees
Headed to two thrift stores today, first one found
1 Thomas Pink shirt french cuffs for $7, not bad.

Was headed to the bank on the other side of town,
since it was on the way stopped in at Goodwill. Not much,
then see a great looking Orvis shirt. Nothing else as I
went to try it on, see Etro shirt $4.99, mint condition.

Try shirts on, come out find 10 Zegna pants, several Zanellas
and Hiltl pants and Incombex (not sure how to spell but I bought
them).

I start thinking, I better check out the suits.

Bam.

One Brioni 100 percent cashmere with side vents....$14.99

Bam,

Another silk/wool Brioni traino sc. then another and another.

Charvet shirt, passed on. rough shape
Dunhill shirt, bought.

Left Pal Zileri jacket, Zegna pants (stains).

I'm a full-time seminary student studying to be a Pastor. Money is
super tight as I was going to the bank to cover our account, I was
praying and thanking God for all He's done.

Today was a great day!

Dahl5yankees on Ebay

Bah! That's nothing!

Today at Value Village I scored me some sweet Red Papal Shoes and White Papal Robe personally autographed by The Holy Father Himself.

Pope-shoes-192_682670e.jpg

SWEET!
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
I picked up a Tardini American Alligator belt today. The bad news is that it's too big, but I plan on having it cut down.

Nice score! Yeah, you got lucky with it being too big, as you can always cut them down to size. When they're too small (which usually is my luck), all you can do is sigh and walk away or pass it on to someone with a smaller waist size.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Nice score! Yeah, you got lucky with it being too big, as you can always cut them down to size. When they're too small (which usually is my luck), all you can do is sigh and walk away or pass it on to someone with a smaller waist size.

so im at a thrift yesterday looking for parts a bike im working on and i check out the suits,there was about 5 or 6 suits MTM for some guy...his name and below it says Wayzata MN!!!
that might not be odd...but im all the way in Toronto Canada

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - that's actually quite a coincidence, as there is only one men's clothier in Wayzata! Was it made for someone who lives in Wayzata or was it a store in Wayzata? It's not a very large city either, it's just a suburb of Minneapolis. Was it from Judd Frost, per chance? They usually use a green label. http://juddfrost.com/

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I passed on a nice Brooks Brothers checked SC, 46L (I am 46R), saw a gigantic (52 or bigger) orphaned Alfred Dunhill suit jacket and bought a pair of PRL wool trousers ("The Walter Pant"), NWT that are just a tad too long....finding those Samuelsohn and Canali suits a couple of weeks ago is whetting my appetite for thrifting. Those are going on B&S. Now to find something that is actually in my size!

MKB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
Bah! That's nothing!

Today at Value Village I scored me some sweet Red Papal Shoes and White Papal Robe personally autographed by The Holy Father Himself.

Pope-shoes-192_682670e.jpg

SWEET!

You posted pics. God believes you!

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace_Face
Today I passed on a nice Brooks Brothers checked SC, 46L (I am 46R), saw a gigantic (52 or bigger) orphaned Alfred Dunhill suit jacket and bought a pair of PRL wool trousers ("The Walter Pant"), NWT that are just a tad too long....finding those Samuelsohn and Canali suits a couple of weeks ago is whetting my appetite for thrifting. Those are going on B&S. Now to find something that is actually in my size!

ace_face i like your avatar...details please?

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
ace_face i like your avatar...details please?

Back when Grand Theft Auto was first released for PlayStation, there was a mission pack called London 1969. This is an image from that game. I've always been a sucker for crime films, but even more so when they are British and even more if they are set in the 60s a la "Gangster No. 1"

gangsterno1.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/gtalondon/

adamfoldes

Reaction score
Went thrifting for the first time in years ended up with a decent haul... Dolcepunta softpoint tie $1 Ted Baker $1 Two pairs of Canali slacks $3 each Armani Colezioni Sport Coat Black with gray pattern $5 Marks & Spencer Houndstooth Sportcoat $6 and the last item not sure who makes it but thought it would be good for the bay as I will never get use out of it in south Florida, Camel Full Length 55/45 Wool/Alpaca Double Breasted Overcoat with Patch Pockets Hand Tailored in Italy (tagged 44 inside)

If anyone is interested in the coat PM me

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace_Face
Back when Grand Theft Auto was first released for PlayStation, there was a mission pack called London 1969. This is an image from that game. I've always been a sucker for crime films, but even more so when they are British and even more if they are set in the 60s a la "Gangster No. 1"

gangsterno1.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/gtalondon/

that was a pretty good movie,your avatar reminded me of this film,much better in my opinion.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamfoldes
Went thrifting for the first time in years ended up with a decent haul... Dolcepunta softpoint tie $1 Ted Baker $1 Two pairs of Canali slacks $3 each Armani Colezioni Sport Coat Black with gray pattern $5 Marks & Spencer Houndstooth Sportcoat $6 and the last item not sure who makes it but thought it would be good for the bay as I will never get use out of it in south Florida, Camel Full Length 55/45 Wool/Alpaca Double Breasted Overcoat with Patch Pockets Hand Tailored in Italy (tagged 44 inside) If anyone is interested in the coat PM me
Why aren't you keeping the coat? It looks like it fits great. Unless you're in a climate where you quite literally never need it, you should keep that one. Edit: nevermind, completely missed the south florida line in your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads