• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blast my OTR suit fit please!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HPress

Reaction score
It's honestly not that bad. Though the shoulders look a bit wide, there back looks too wide, the pants are a bit too long, and also they bunch at the back for some reason.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I tried cleaning my glasses and that didn't work, so I guess the problem is your pics. I can't see a damn thing. dude, gotta post better pics.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HPress
It's honestly not that bad. Though the shoulders look a bit wide, there back looks too wide, the pants are a bit too long, and also they bunch at the back for some reason.
i actually dont understand the shoulders. Don't know whether it really is too wide or just made funny, because it feels pretty snug when I wear it. Also I still get that dimple in the shoulders even when I pull them in.

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I tried cleaning my glasses and that didn't work, so I guess the problem is your pics. I can't see a damn thing. dude, gotta post better pics.

Sorry mate. I did everything on my phone and didn't realise how horrible they are until I arrived home to check it on my computer. New pics on their way.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attachment 52458

Attachment 52459

OK I just got the pics with me tugging the sleeves down. And I think the shoulders look better.
Are they still too wide or are the shoulders just funkily made? I do feel a fairly thick ridge at the seams.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoulders look fine. Pants are doing funky things.

sartorial_marxist

Reaction score
AtomicBlast.jpg

Ivar

Reaction score
* Your shirt sleeves are slightly too long, which makes you show too much cuff
* Your shoes look questionable (hard to tell)
* Your shoulders could probably be shortened half an inch or so for a more fashionable look.
* Tilted flap pockets look a bit weird on business suits, IMO.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might be the angle, but jacket looks short in relation to the crotch of the trou. Or maybe you're wearing the trou too low?

Dressed2the9s

Reaction score
The jacket look good! The pants are doing something funky but that may be due to the legs not be tappered. Overall for a off the rack suit, looks decent. I like the sharp lines!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorial_marxist
AtomicBlast.jpg

That must be the suit being burned. A fitting end to the thing.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input gentleman!
Need to fix up my pants then. Shortening it should help I think. Those are actually very tapered pants (7 7/8 inches wide)

It might be the angle Lufty. I almost thought my jacket was too long for a time there when I look at myself in the mirror from close range and head height. The pictures are taken from waist height about 3 metres away. The suit does cover my butt completely though. I think even shortening jacket length by 1/2 inch may still cover my butt properly?

Will it look off against my body size for my next suit if I:
- get wider lapels (currently 2.5")
- higher rise (those pants are 8" rise)
- slightly wider leg at the pants cuff?

(yup im tiny!)

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Will it look off against my body size for my next suit if I:
- get wider lapels (currently 2.5")
- higher rise (those pants are 8" rise)
- slightly wider leg at the pants cuff?

All these are recommended.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics