• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brothersharp
New boots, picked up from Alden NY today. Chamois leather.
nod[1].gif

5103697113_09c5535ac9.jpg

More pics please!

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
Aldens are popular with circus midgets and small asian men (hence The OneShoe).

Am I correct to assume that Alden has a larger business in Japan than in USA? Maybe Tom knows the answer.

shasta

Reaction score
This might be my last straw with Alden. Check out what is going on with my Beefroll Penny Mocs that I recieved just 4 weeks ago. Probably about 5 wears on them right now. I'm not well versed in shoe speak, but it appears to me that the sole is separating from the upper on the inside of each shoe. The last picture is of the outiside so you can see how this should look. Email sent off to Blackbird and Alden, I'll keep you posted on what happens.....
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

photo-2.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg

countrygent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Best way to know what we have is to call us or email us with specific models you are looking for. Please don't email us and ask what we have in stock in a size 9D. Sometimes people email us and ask us what we have in stock...not even with a size!

Hi Tom,

I can understand your frustration with people emailing and asking what is in stock in a given size across all models. However, from a customer's perspective, that often seems to be the best way to inquire.

I'm interested in several Alden models you've sold over the years. Unless I go back through all of the relevant posts on the website and read all of the comments, it is hard to know what is in stock, on order, coming up for re-order, etc. Added to that is the fact that, as you mentioned, you don't post models the day they arrive, so they may sell out before they even appear on the site. Because of this, the most straightforward thing for me to do is to email and ask what you currently have in stock in size 7.5D on the Plaza last, and I can then decide which, if any, of the available models appeals to me.

I do look at the website regularly, by the way, in an attempt to keep up with new releases and pre-orders.

Some kind of online current inventory display would be super-helpful for those of us whose only means of buying from Leather Soul is by mail order.

Cheers,
H

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That is a good point he makes. Both Shoe Mart and the SF Alden Shop have what appear to be live inventory online & searchable by size. That Alden Shop website first appeared in the geocities age, too. It's not unreasonable for customers to assume Leathersoul might have the same ability to sort by size & then cut and paste the results into an email.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Any tips for taking care of the natural or clear (not sure what it's called) "edges" on the soles of my whiskey longwings? My black shoes get black edge dressing . . . not sure what to do to keep these looking nice.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL

Again, the Chromexcel LHS is the clear winner here. This shoe is obviously more AAAC than SF SW&D! Probably about a 15-1 ratio in actual pre-orders. Damn Alden Trads!
laugh.gif

I've pre-ordered these, and learned about them via a non-clothing-related board that Marc also posts on
smile.gif

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Any tips for taking care of the natural or clear (not sure what it's called) "edges" on the soles of my whiskey longwings? My black shoes get black edge dressing . . . not sure what to do to keep these looking nice.

Wipe them clean with a damp cloth. If they want color, rub in a little light brown cream polish.

Franky

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the cordovan #8 boots in the cap toe.

4060.jpg

Now I would love to purchase some of these sometime in the future, but I feel like the rest of my wardrobe won't match up with the bad-assness of these boots. I would love to see some pictures of people rocking these!

In short, would a guy with regular quality (but nice fit etc) clothing look dumb with some expensive shoes like these?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Franky
In short, would a guy with regular quality (but nice fit etc) clothing look dumb with some expensive shoes like these?

No.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have those captoe boots in black. I find that they look a lot better with cuffed/cropped pants. It may be the last. If you plan to wear regular pants I would consider the captoe bluchers aka straight tips. Either way they are bad ass.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nutcracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas
Aldens are popular with circus midgets and small asian men (hence The OneShoe).

Am I correct to assume that Alden has a larger business in Japan than in USA? Maybe Tom knows the answer.

Am I correct to assume that circus midgets are making more coin than they used to? Makes me rethink my career choice (of course being 5'10" was working against me as well).

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by countrygent
Hi Tom, I can understand your frustration with people emailing and asking what is in stock in a given size across all models. However, from a customer's perspective, that often seems to be the best way to inquire. I'm interested in several Alden models you've sold over the years. Unless I go back through all of the relevant posts on the website and read all of the comments, it is hard to know what is in stock, on order, coming up for re-order, etc. Added to that is the fact that, as you mentioned, you don't post models the day they arrive, so they may sell out before they even appear on the site. Because of this, the most straightforward thing for me to do is to email and ask what you currently have in stock in size 7.5D on the Plaza last, and I can then decide which, if any, of the available models appeals to me. I do look at the website regularly, by the way, in an attempt to keep up with new releases and pre-orders. Some kind of online current inventory display would be super-helpful for those of us whose only means of buying from Leather Soul is by mail order. Cheers, H
+1. Ready to take it to the next level? I hears Alden is getting ready to kick it up a notch . . .

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
6dvew6.jpg

color 8 chukkas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads