• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy boots

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
resistollucchese.jpg

This is exactly what I wear at the ranch. If not in black, in brown.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think only girls should wear cowboy boots. Well, at least in NYC. Whenever I see a guy wearing them I think he just looks like a douche.

4801538369_62b4be7ecc_z.jpg

MKB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
...Whenever I see a guy wearing them I think he just looks like a douche.

patrick, you've probably just been catching your own reflection in shop windows.
rimshot.gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, but I represent a different kind of douche. There are classes you know!

Swan Song

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I think only girls should wear cowboy boots. Well, at least in NYC. Whenever I see a guy wearing them I think he just looks like a douche.

4801538369_62b4be7ecc_z.jpg

Male or female, I do not descriminate, yet, I seem to linger longer on females wearing boots while wearing a bikini..... or nothing, for that matter.
smile.gif

Swan Song

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
This is exactly what I wear at the ranch. If not in black, in brown.

Stylish boots, who makes them? They appear to be Lucchese from the pulls(or somebody's clone)

Swan Song

Reaction score
Soft as budda deerskin(vamp and top) Packer Boot, starting to develope a nice golden-cognac patina.
Leather sole, roper heel.

Semi-custom from Caboots, El Paso.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Swan Song
Stylish boots, who makes them? They appear to be Lucchese from the pulls(or somebody's clone)
Mine are Resistol ... purchased for the combination of economy, utility, and style.

Avocat

Reaction score
Swan Song wrote: "I thought there had to be more Cowboy Boot people on the forum. Come out of the darkness and into the light. " __________________ LOL Nice collection! And, why yes, as a rider (English, thus love my British and Aussie fare) who spent quite a bit of time in the Wild West (Alberta and the Rockies, oil and cattle ranch country, the "lone star province") I quickly learned the "westiquette" (and comfort) of cowboy boots, having picked up a rather nice collection of ropers and western fare myself, basic leathers mostly (bull, cow, veal and deer), but a couple of exotics (lizard, kangaroo and ostrich), though, nothing quite nearly as exotic as that stingray or shark - very nice! Seeing those, the bullfrog and others, and also the many colors going on here (which are all very nice), I am taken back in time to when I lived in Calgary, where just about everyone wore cowboots and suits, both business men and business women alike (and it can look quite smart, when done right, I agree). Myself, now back in "the East" I pair the English/Aussie boots (jods/chelseas) as well as dress boots with suits all the time (depends on the formality of the day/event/meeting(s) taking place), but in terms of casual dress I really enjoy pulling out the "(North) Americans" --i.e., a pair of Lucchese, Old Gringo, Tony, Boulet, Justin or Frye-- and pairing with jeans, cords and/or tweeds: yes, it's a boot thing, and as this (very interesting) thread shows, people are either really into their boots, or they're not. To be fair to all sides, though, may interest some to know that, apparently, the pointed toe and fancy heel came from Hollywood (or so I read somewhere, but I don't know if it's actually true), finding the original boring apparently [original, round toe leather boot brought to (and/or from) North America by Spain, such that the original design hasn't changed much (apart from the construction/welting improvements, etc.; ok, a huge improvement, and subsequently influenced by the cavalry] but, regardless, this only means that there are many different styles (toes, heels, with or without the stitching, etc.) from which to choose, along with a plethora of colors (wonderful colors, I do say, which I like, though myself I am a bit "boring" as I personally tend to gravitate toward the natural colors (black, english tan, brown, etc.). That said, I do have a bull boot in blue (awesome with jeans, though that red is rather striking). As to the fit/comfort of cowboy boots, I, too, find them very comfortable, and extremely durable. I was in a riding accident once and broke my leg, but the boot did its job and held everything together properly like a well made/well fitted boot is supposed to do (sorry, folks, a chukka or tennis shoe simply wouldn't/doesn't do that and can't, then, as a boot person, I personally don't wear tennis shoes unless on a tennis court myself, and that goes for running shoes/athletic shoes also, fully admitting my bias as I've several dozen pair of boots and only a few athletic shoes). Thus, I wholly concur with the other posters here on all of this and more, as I too love my boots (and really, a great collection there, everyone: thanks so much for sharing; I will try to post some pics of my collection, too
smile.gif
Cheers!

mizzy33

Reaction score
I've never owned a more comfortable boot then these lace to toe packers from Drew's boots... Have yet to sit in a saddle with them, but they're working great for Telecaster toting... :)

Drew%27s%20Lace%20to%20Toe%20005.JPG

Drew%27s%20Lace%20to%20Toe%20019.JPG

Drew%27s%20Lace%20to%20Toe%20011.JPG

WallStreet

Reaction score
Someone in this thread was exhorting all those who like cowboy boots to come out of the dark and into the light. Allow me to do so too! I currently have a pair of tan Lucchese 1883 goat skin and am on the verge of getting a black pair of Lucchese classics (I think I like the ranch hand leather).

I enjoy wearing boots, but I don't wear them exclusively. Would it be pointless for someone like me to have any more than 2 or 3 pairs of cowboy boots?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you guys are excited to see this thread resurface...not many cowboy boot threads on the board.

Anyway, instead of a pair of Edward Green Westminister Double Monk shoes, I just bought a pair of Lucchese Classics Boots in Nicotine Burnish full quill Ostrich with a round toe and riding heel. This is my first pair of Lucchese's but have a couple pairs of Tony Lama's in Lizard and Snake that are 10 years old.

My wife also bought her first pair of boots and she claims they are the most comfortable and lightest pair of shoes she owns.

Having grown up in Texas and on a ranch, I've always had an affinity for cowboy boots. My father was a lawman and we would go to the prison rodeo every year and he would have a pair of boots made...I wish we wore the same size because he has tons of very nice boots.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple pics of my new boots, Lucchese Classic Full Quill Ostrich in Tan Burnt Ranch with round toe and riding heel.
OstrichBoots3.jpg
OstrichBoots5.jpg

GamaH

Reaction score
I have a question for everyone here; I've been searching for an answer for months (on and off, of course) to no avail, really.

1) What is the absolutely-bet-your-life-on-it-correct cm/inches-to-size chart? I have seen some VERY weird formulas for shoe sizing over the years.

2) How true to size do Lucchese classics fit?

Now, I can't just subtract 1/2 sizes or whatnot from my normal shoe size, because honestly I do not know my actual shoe size. I wear mostly 7.5s, but they're laced and if they were loafers, they'd come right off. I have a pair of size 5 Dolce&Gabbana lace-ups, and they fit basically the same as my 7.5Patent lace-ups and Bucks from Brooks Brothers. This is the reason I asked for a definitive size-chart.

Now, if some of you are wondering what the hell a Finn thinks he's doing by wearing cowboy boots. Well, I was *born* in Texas (not raised there though), so... yeah I'm not actually Finnish.

Anyway, I would try them on before buying but there are absolutely no cowboy boots being sold where I'm currently residing, nor in any of the countries I'll be residing in, in the near future, so online is my only hope.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizzy33
I've never owned a more comfortable boot then these lace to toe packers from Drew's boots... Have yet to sit in a saddle with them, but they're working great for Telecaster toting... :)
Drew%27s%20Lace%20to%20Toe%20011.JPG

Those remind me of these
EltonJohn4_228x506.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads