• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

lalakis

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought around 6 months ago a pair of NS size 30. Normail waist is 32. Before washing they streched to normal and they were perfect. I washed then in washing machine in cold water and they shrinked like they were new. The problem is they never stretched back and now hey are too tight.
Any tips?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lalakis
Hi,

I bought around 6 months ago a pair of NS size 30. Normail waist is 32. Before washing they streched to normal and they were perfect. I washed then in washing machine in cold water and they shrinked like they were new. The problem is they never stretched back and now hey are too tight.
Any tips?

lalakis this same very thing happened with me and my skulls i wore them for a year after first soak since they where raw. they stretched out perfect every where but then it reached the 1 year mark and they smelled really bad. so i washed them they shrank back to tagged measurements maybe even more.

now i'm selling them because i tried to wear them again straight for 2 months they didn't stretch back out.

Conundrum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
lalakis this same very thing happened with me and my skulls i wore them for a year after first soak since they where raw. they stretched out perfect every where but then it reached the 1 year mark and they smelled really bad. so i washed them they shrank back to tagged measurements maybe even more.

now i'm selling them because i tried to wear them again straight for 2 months they didn't stretch back out.

Damn, that's fucked up...

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bob99
canstyleace, Nomad on Richmond just got a restock in - they carry New Standard and Petit Standard, no Rescues. Holt Renfrew on Bloor also carries the New Cure.

They should have a full run of sizes. They're like $195 CAD at the shop, and $165 US plus shipping online. Go, try them on, get your size right, and support the store. Don't be a "tries it on in the store that actually bothered to stock it locally but then orders off the internet" guy
smile.gif

And, as you've probably already read in this thread - size down!

Thanks Bob, trust me living in toronto and being the size I am, I will always purchase locally if I can find my size, and I actually like Nomad quite a bit and have bought many things there over the time I've been here, so yeah if I can find 25 or 26 in either place and I like this fit then I will definitely cop and support the locals.

btw- is this the quote you were looking for?
http://www.refinery29.com/nothing-personal.php

Ali.M

Reaction score
Have any of you tried their parka for A/W? You know, their "classic" parka coat with faux fur lining.

keredog

Reaction score
My APC's haven't even gotten a month of wear, and they're starting to smell, like that of a slightly dirty dog.

Aside from washing them, what are some alternatives to getting rid of the smell?
1. febreeze
2. put in freezer
3. ???
4. ???

stinger70

Reaction score
Just hang them outside to air. Not that they should be smelling after that long...what have you been doing in them
confused.gif

keredog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
Just hang them outside to air. Not that they should be smelling after that long...what have you been doing in them
confused.gif

Well aside from sweating in them a couple times due to the heat wave that hit a month ago, nothing really, except wearing it almost daily.

They don't smell that bad, like a pretty clean dog, ya know? They don't smell like ****, but the natural smell of dog isn't the most pleasant.

I'm probably overreacting in terms of how much they really smell. Thanks.

Conundrum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lalakis
is there any way to strech them

Take two or three steps at a time when taking the stairs.

The only problem i'm still having is the that ****** is still somewhat confined. Makes my farts sound funny.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a pair of New Cures. I was nervous about the amount of taper at first but I like them now that I've put em on. Hooollllyyyy crap they were tight...took a good 5 minutes to get the top button on. But I've had them on for a couple hours now and they've already loosened some. Can't wait to see what these bad boys look like in a year. I'll take a starting pic tonight.

fungz0r

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a pair of NC as well, but then my NS are already sorta tapered enough for my fat legs. Kinda sucks for me cause I have larger thighs, but a tiny waist, something like a 26/27. Probably get a pair of PS next or maybe try some Dior

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads