• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My wife gave birth in the front seat of the car today on the way to the hospital...

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ricky Bobby!!! Congrats to you and your wife. Glad you didn't try to film it.
smile.gif

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 83glt
Well, that was the running joke in the maternity ward. He was born about 1/4 mile past the 79th street exit on the Henry Hudson parkway, so we were thinking of Henry, at least for a middle name. But I think it might just remain a nickname in the end. I was driving my wife's Honda Civic, so I don't think either of those are in the running.

In hindsight, what makes this whole thing all the more unbelievable is that I was driving through am traffic in NYC. But then again, I think New Yorkers are generally used to highly aggressive driving.

I kinda like Hudson...(Hud is one of my fave films)

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

but just for anyone listening:

Originally Posted by 83glt
Now I just start cutting people off and making illegal turns, driving the wrong way up one way streets, blasting my horn. I didn't care. Whatever it took to get to the hospital in the shortest amount of time. I drive up a one way street the wrong way leading to the emergency bay and thank God there were EMT's hanging out right there, looking at me like "WTF is this clown doing?"

this is where you went wrong. Your baby was delivered. You could've killed anyone in a car crash here. Your baby was fine and well, the best thing to do would be to drive safely to the hospital or call an ambulance.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Congratulations! Glad to hear wife and son are doing well.

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One hell of a story. Congratulations!
smile.gif
What's his name!!!!

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantastic story and congratulations!

My wife's due with our 2nd in a week and her first was a very fast delivery, so I'm nervous we're going to have a similar scenario. Dr. agreed to induce 2 days before due date for the same reasoning if we don't have him before then.

Again, congratulations. Frickin awesome!

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSN125
Congrats! Great story

Were you heading to Roosevelt (St. Lukes)?

Word.

Originally Posted by hendrix
Congratulations!

but just for anyone listening:

this is where you went wrong. Your baby was delivered. You could've killed anyone in a car crash here. Your baby was fine and well, the best thing to do would be to drive safely to the hospital or call an ambulance.

There's a fine line between aggressive and reckless/dangerous driving. I was riding the edge of that line. I see your point obviously, but I defy you to be in the same situation and not do whatever it takes. Besides, we only had a few blocks to go once off the parkway and I knew the quickest route, so stopping for an ambulance would have been marsupialed as it would have taken way longer, and driving safely would have been unbearable. In the end instinct took over and I just reacted. It was primal. I probably would have driven over a traffic cop if it meant getting to the hospital quicker. Also, it was our first, so next time I'll know to hit the Dunkin' Donuts drive thru on the way.
wink.gif

2balls

Reaction score
heartwarming. congratulations to you pops.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads