• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Am I only the one that hits "QUICK REPLY" and the system ends up "QUOTING" the previous post?

Quickreply quotes the post in which you hit the "quickreply" button. For example, I hit it in your post, and it quoted your post. Thus, if you're clicking the button in the last post in the thread, you're going to quote that post.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Quickreply quotes the post in which you hit the "quickreply" button. For example, I hit it in your post, and it quoted your post. Thus, if you're clicking the button in the last post in the thread, you're going to quote that post.

Well, it wasn't doing that before my office upgraded our laptops a couple of days ago (and older version of IE), and if that is the case, how the hell are you suppose to use the QUICK REPLY field below, as I had been doing previously by hitting "QUICK REPLY"?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Incman
^^ There's a checkbox that says "quote message in reply". Maybe you have that checked?

Where is this checkbox?

I just want to be able to type in the QUICK REPLY box without quoting or jumping to a new screen to post a standard reply.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The checkbox is right below the quick reply message field box

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^Yep. There is a little outlined box below the QuickReply typing field labeled Options in blue. Quote Message is on the right and Show your signature is on the left.

Posted via quickreply

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
^Yep. There is a little outlined box below the QuickReply typing field labeled Options in blue. Quote Message is on the right and Show your signature is on the left.

Posted via quickreply

Well, something is up with IE or whatever.

I can't click the box next to (Quote message in Reply?) or do anything with the Quick Reply Field. Plus, my Quote Message in Reply? is on the left and Show your signature is on the right. I wonder if it has anything to do with my office's security settings on our new laptops. Dammit.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, something is up with IE or whatever.

I can't click the box or do anything with the Quick Reply. Plus, my Quote Message is on the left and Show your signature is on the right. I wonder if it has anything to do with my office's security settings on our new laptops. Dammit.

Is your computer plugged in?

Have you tried restarting your machine?

If you found this set of instructions helpful press 1.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
Is your computer plugged in?

Have you tried restarting your machine?

If you found this set of instructions helpful press 1.

Did you say that with an Indian accent and call yourself Roger?

Posted (with quote and all) via Quick Reply.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Did you say that with an Indian accent and call yourself Roger?

You sir, have just been fired from NPR.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
You sir, have just been fired from NPR.
Yeah, but think of the money he'll make now working full time at Fox News.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll put this one out there again... is there any way that us, the plebs can help you moderator people with the spam problem? I can continually just hit the red triangle alert, but what about:? 1. Another alert that's just for spam? 2. or an instant freeze taht account (lets say only applies to new members with under 5-10 posts (so people don't go around getting people tehy don't like frozen) 3. Giving some trusted members a special ability to just knock off spammers, 4 Other?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
3. Giving some trusted members a special ability to just knock off spammers,
There are a couple of issues with that, and none that I think J is likely to bother with given that he is looking at upgrading the system. Speaking as someone whose Rise To Power™ came by being a Trusted Member With Spamination Privileges™ - the first thing that I noticed when J enabled spam killing for me was that I suddenly had Squirrel access. Now while SS is not all that you guys make it out to be, still, I don't know that he wants that many more of you poking around Secret Mod Business™. More importantly, the Spaminator will also give you the ability to ban posters with less than a hundred (I think) posts, and again, that's no a power that should really be handed out willynilly. The first one I think could probably be patched/plugged in or otherwise solved, but I don't think J would bother with messing around with plugins when this version of the board will be upgraded sometime soon anyhow.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
There are a couple of issues with that, and none that I think J is likely to bother with given that he is looking at upgrading the system.

Speaking as someone whose Rise To Powerâ„¢ came by being a Trusted Member With Spamination Privilegesâ„¢ - the first thing that I noticed when J enabled spam killing for me was that I suddenly had Squirrel access. Now while SS is not all that you guys make it out to be, still, I don't know that he wants that many more of you poking around Secret Mod Businessâ„¢.

More importantly, the Spaminator will also give you the ability to ban posters with less than a hundred (I think) posts, and again, that's no a power that should really be handed out willynilly.

The first one I think could probably be patched/plugged in or otherwise solved, but I don't think J would bother with messing around with plugins when this version of the board will be upgraded sometime soon anyhow.

let me think about it, your proposal to make me mod....

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
There are a couple of issues with that, and none that I think J is likely to bother with given that he is looking at upgrading the system. Speaking as someone whose Rise To Powerâ„¢ came by being a Trusted Member With Spamination Privilegesâ„¢ - the first thing that I noticed when J enabled spam killing for me was that I suddenly had Squirrel access. Now while SS is not all that you guys make it out to be, still, I don't know that he wants that many more of you poking around Secret Mod Businessâ„¢. More importantly, the Spaminator will also give you the ability to ban posters with less than a hundred (I think) posts, and again, that's no a power that should really be handed out willynilly. The first one I think could probably be patched/plugged in or otherwise solved, but I don't think J would bother with messing around with plugins when this version of the board will be upgraded sometime soon anyhow.
let me think about it, your proposal to make me mod....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads