• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

100 yrs

Reaction score
anyone know where i could find a pair of 403 indy boots in a 9D? i have a pair in 8.5 that are too small. i tried shoemart, on back order til january there. can't find a 9 at the more obvious places online, either.

on a side note, how do y'all know what models places like leather soul have in general? i know those guys are very helpful in this thread, so just curious - do you just call them up, or follow along on the blog, or just ask here? (like this - leather soul guys, do you happen to have a 403 indy boot in size 9D in stock?)

Aquaphor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker
"To order or not to order?", that is the question.

Last day of LS's Alden design contest pre-order. Money is tight, but it would seem foolish of me not to order my design...

I'm thinking exactly the same thing....

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Does anyone have a "real life" photo of the LS Snuff suede flex PTBoot? I'm considering ordering a pair but am unsure of the true color.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sockpuppets
Does anyone have a "real life" photo of the LS Snuff suede flex PTBoot? I'm considering ordering a pair but am unsure of the true color.

I tried a pic but it didn't do the boots justice. This may be my favorite pair of Aldens at the moment - nice rich brown (more milk chocolate than dark chocolate) and very comfortable.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
I tried a pic but it didn't do the boots justice. This may be my favorite pair of Aldens at the moment - nice rich brown (more milk chocolate than dark chocolate) and very comfortable.
Could you post it anyway? It would still help. Thanks. Not sure about the speed hooks.
frown.gif
Decisions, decisions...
smile.gif

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 100 yrs
anyone know where i could find a pair of 403 indy boots in a 9D? i have a pair in 8.5 that are too small. i tried shoemart, on back order til january there. can't find a 9 at the more obvious places online, either.

on a side note, how do y'all know what models places like leather soul have in general? i know those guys are very helpful in this thread, so just curious - do you just call them up, or follow along on the blog, or just ask here? (like this - leather soul guys, do you happen to have a 403 indy boot in size 9D in stock?)

Unionmade in San Francisco has them.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 100 yrs

Sorry, no 403s in 9D.

Best way to know what we have is to call us or email us with specific models you are looking for. Please don't email us and ask what we have in stock in a size 9D. Sometimes people email us and ask us what we have in stock...not even with a size!

We also get a lot of confused people who email us the day we release a model on our website only to find we're already sold out. Please know, we don't post the models up the day they arrive. For instance, the last one, the snuff suede flex ptboot was in stock for about 2 weeks before I posted it. Plus we are at a 3 to 1 ratio in ordering sizes 7D versus 10D due to our customer base.

Originally Posted by PeterParker
"To order or not to order?", that is the question.

Last day of LS's Alden design contest pre-order. Money is tight, but it would seem foolish of me not to order my design...

Again, the Chromexcel LHS is the clear winner here. This shoe is obviously more AAAC than SF SW&D! Probably about a 15-1 ratio in actual pre-orders. Damn Alden Trads!
laugh.gif

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this? Just trying something new and PS-like.

102110.jpg

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL

102110.jpg

I'm really into this sort of thing. I love a traditional shoe with loud laces. Well done.

pthree

Reaction score
we are at a 3 to 1 ratio in ordering sizes 7D versus 10D due to our customer base.

You have 3 times more customers wearing 7D than 10D?

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you post it anyway? It would still help. Thanks. Not sure about the speed hooks.
frown.gif
Decisions, decisions...
smile.gif

Here is a pair of mine. Barrie Last, Snuff Suede, Crepe Sole:
snuffsuedeboots.jpg
snuffsuedeboots2.jpg
snuffsuedeboots3.jpg
snuffsuedeboots4.jpg
snuffsuedeboots5.jpg
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=3001
Sorry, no 403s in 9D. Best way to know what we have is to call us or email us with specific models you are looking for. Please don't email us and ask what we have in stock in a size 9D. Sometimes people email us and ask us what we have in stock...not even with a size! We also get a lot of confused people who email us the day we release a model on our website only to find we're already sold out. Please know, we don't post the models up the day they arrive. For instance, the last one, the snuff suede flex ptboot was in stock for about 2 weeks before I posted it. Plus we are at a 3 to 1 ratio in ordering sizes 7D versus 10D due to our customer base. Again, the Chromexcel LHS is the clear winner here. This shoe is obviously more AAAC than SF SW&D! Probably about a 15-1 ratio in actual pre-orders. Damn Alden Trads!
laugh.gif

What kind of customer base is this?
laugh.gif
102110.jpg

I love it. Did you purchase the laces here on B&S?

Dexter_

Reaction score
Not sure about the speed hooks.
frown.gif

FWIW, I have both speed hooks and all eyelet boots. I prefer the speed hooks since they're easier to put on/off and the laces on my pairs have never snapped. In comparison, I have already replaced the laces twice on one of my eyelet boots in only a few months.

I know some people will have the exact opposite experience so take that with a grain of salt. I wouldn't let the issue of speed hooks or eyelets stop me from buying a nice pair of boots though. My criteria would be more on the leather type, sole and last.

Actually probably about 10x.

No doubt! When I was at the store to pick up my wingtips there was a petite Asian tourist who picked up 3 pairs and I overheard him say he will pickup one more pair the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads