• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
regarding the studio, I would rotate the bed to free up some more room, shift the furniture towards the window a bit, and then add a kitchen cart in the kitchen area to create a sense of separation between the kitchen and living areas. Also, taller bookshelves to add a dimention of height and to create more storage space.

I played with some room dividers but nothing really worked for me. Now I'm kind of used to the space being wide open. I've moved the bed and furniture around a couple of times. I use the open area in front of the window for painting.

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
carpeted loft or is the camera flash playing tricks on me?
confused.gif

Carpet sucks ass. I want to tear it up and polish the concrete. A couple of the lofts in the building have rough wood, concrete or both. I was lucky enough to have carpet...
eh.gif

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I like the exposed brick

The exposed brick and the big window cinched the deal for me. The brick has several old rusty nails (I know...hazard...but I can't bring myself to remove them) and broken wood pieces in the mortar. I love it.

brick.jpg

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve Thomas
Carpet sucks ass. I want to tear it up and polish the concrete. A couple of the lofts in the building have rough wood, concrete or both. I was lucky enough to have carpet...
eh.gif

ok, it's terrible. tear it out.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcral1
I find it strange why people would post pictures of where they live on the internet.

Do you all think your living your own version of vogue living? So far all I've seen is some vague middle class desire to show off ones internet e-penis.

I'm sorry but posting pictures of the mansion you live in with a ferrari parked out the front is a silly display of wealth. It is insulting and tacky to people from all socio-economic backgrounds, especially in an economic environment where alot of people have lost and/or are looking for jobs.

You may as well make a thread stating something like "SF: Bank Account: How big is your statement" or "SF: Wives: How Hot is the ass you tap each night?". Vulgar. What ever happened to the days of discrete wealth?
ffffuuuu.gif

if this kind of thing is bothersome to you, you probably ought to find another forum to frequent.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice loft. I would swap out the ceiling fan/light for a proper fan when you can.

Is the carpet glued and nailed down? If not it may be an easy fix to lift it. Concrete polishing is very dusty - you would have to remove everything for a week.

I'm seriously rethinking my decorating style. Yesterday a very cute yoga instructor drove up as I was watering some plants and told me she has always loved my house and asked if she could have a quick tour before this weekend's open house. Very cute . . . so I said sure.

About halfway through the house she turned to me, put her hand on my arm and said, "You and your partner have exquisite taste."

My wife is still laughing.

lefty

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
About halfway through the house she turned to me, put her hand on my arm and said, "You and your partner have exquisite taste." My wife is still laughing. lefty
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh.gif

You should consider doing an acid stain on the concrete.

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
I agree entirely: an acid wash would look amazing. The carpet is glued down so whatever flooring is underneath will need to be completely redone.

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Nice loft. I would swap out the ceiling fan/light for a proper fan when you can.

Is the carpet glued and nailed down? If not it may be an easy fix to lift it. Concrete polishing is very dusty - you would have to remove everything for a week.

I'm seriously rethinking my decorating style. Yesterday a very cute yoga instructor drove up as I was watering some plants and told me she has always loved my house and asked if she could have a quick tour before this weekend's open house. Very cute . . . so I said sure.

About halfway through the house she turned to me, put her hand on my arm and said, "You and your partner have exquisite taste."

My wife is still laughing.

lefty

lol8[1].gif
I have been told on several occasions: "I can't believe a single, straight guy lives here..."

The fan is totally functional but extremely ugly. I've seen several very cool, industrial fans I'd like to put up. I never use the light anyway.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
I have been told on several occasions: "I can't believe a single, straight guy lives here..."

Was the painting on display in each of these occasions?

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Was the painting on display in each of these occasions?

Hahahahaha. Yeah. The funny thing is most people completely overlook it...or they're not really sure what to say.

I really need to post a good-quality shot of that painting.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

The fan is totally functional but extremely ugly. I've seen several very cool, industrial fans I'd like to put up. I never use the light anyway.

You can remove the light from the fan and cap it, but I think you're better off with a new fan. http://www.modern-fans.com/

I was going to butch that place up for the open house and casually display a Playboy on the coffee table but the only issue I have is the one with this pic:

designers.jpg

1961 Playboy photo featuring left to right - George Nelson, Edward Wormley, Eero Saarinen, Harry Bertoia, Charles Eames and Jens Risom

lefty

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
You can remove the light from the fan and cap it, but I think you're better off with a new fan. http://www.modern-fans.com/

I was going to butch that place up for the open house and casually display a Playboy on the coffee table but the only issue I have is the one with this pic:

designers.jpg

1961 Playboy photo featuring left to right - George Nelson, Edward Wormley, Eero Saarinen, Harry Bertoia, Charles Eames and Jens Risom

lefty

amazing photo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads