• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icarus
Is there any way to screen applications with chinese origin IPs? The spamming is getting worse and worse.
Racist!
Originally Posted by Rambo
I was surprised that TJ didn't get that thread title edited out a while ago. It had been up for at least a week. Bring him back if possible. He's a good guy. What ended up happening with the Napoli tailor and Unlucky threads?
No pay, no play. I've said this before within the last 2 pages....

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Who are you again?

Not sure why the mods won't weigh in on this. If they want to get paid it's nothing to be embarrassed about, but it's not always clear to me what constitutes a banning offense in that realm. NSM did contribute a lot of nice photos that are clearly of great interest around here.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Not sure why the mods won't weigh in on this. If they want to get paid it's nothing to be embarrassed about, but it's not always clear to me what constitutes a banning offense in that realm. NSM did contribute a lot of nice photos that are clearly of great interest around here.

I fear Ambrosi might be next.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Incman
Why was texas_jack banned? Also, the forum clock is off by about 20 minutes.
He's actually just timed out for 2 weeks. The admin board has "banned" as the default setting, and I forgot to change it to "timed out" before throwing him in the brig.
Originally Posted by Baron
I'm assuming that NSM is Mina? Vendors obviously tread a fine line, and unless something is obviously spam, I will not ban without a very friendly reminder that the line has been crossed. In this specific case, after the vendor posted an thread for her visit to... I don't remember where, several months ago, I closed the threads, and informed her that such announcements, for non-affiliates, were to be made only in the official PSA thread, and that if she wanted to make a separate thread, she would have to contact me re. advertising on the forum. There was no reply, and last week, I was made aware, by an affiliate, that she had made 2 additional threads of the same nature, so I banned her until she pays that $300 fine, as clearly stated in the announcement re. commercial threads in the forum. When and if she pays, she will be unbanned. I've also sent her a list of seriously underpriced advertising options. As for why I didn't post here earlier, it's because I hate posting in this thread, and avoid doing so as much as possible.
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Yo, don't be bringin AF's **** into DT. WTF is you thinking? Respectfully, edinatlanta
An object lesson on the horrors of redistribution of wealth.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
I would like to know where the line is drawn as well, if the mods don't mind.

The line is where we draw it. To use the bar analogy again, you don't get kicked out until you get kicked out. Then, you will know why you got kicked out. My advice is to see what mod decisions have been in the past and to ponder them in your heart.

Re. Fuuma's post - it was an obvious parody, and we are not as tone deaf as the MPAA. If a new member had posted the same thing, would he have been gone? Maybe. But Fuuma has been around a long time, and we've figured out how to read his posts pretty well. No, life's not fair.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
The line is where we draw it. To use the bar analogy again, you don't get kicked out until you get kicked out. Then, you will know why you got kicked out. My advice is to see what mod decisions have been in the past and to ponder them in your heart.
and preferably not PM us trying to work out exactly where these lines are in order to seek our assistance to work out the most appropriate way to stay within a millimeter of crossing them. Cos, you know, that's not annoying at all.

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
If this is fake or not, Its pretty bad taste. Shouldnt this be removed?

This is so wrong.I say squirrel it also.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
If this is fake or not, Its pretty bad taste. Shouldnt this be removed?

Good Lord. What is wrong with some people? Fake or not....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads