• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexlude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
This should go down as one of the most solid, unobjectionable first posts in the history of WAYWT.
thanks man!!
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Not a fan of the half-tuck, scarf + sleeve roll seems a bit dandy, imo.
haha np headed to work so was in a rush.. shirt wasnt really half tucked just wanted to show the touch from the nude color belt. and i thought "dandy" was a good thing?
Originally Posted by jet
sup gangsta 415 represent
fistbump.gif

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
This should go down as one of the most solid, unobjectionable first posts in the history of WAYWT.
Basically. The scarf is a little much, but you look better than 99% of the people I see walking around, so whatever, I'm fine with it. And don't mind Kent Money (aether) he's a 7 times banned troll. Are the jeans N&F? I like the colour, I would have sized down a little, but that's just my own predilection for very very skinny jeans. On Kit's note, instead of trying to make normal clothes look different by doing half tucks and sleeve rolls and stuff, I'd recommend copping some weird looking stuff instead and that way you don't need to do extra stuff. Although the rolled sleeves and such don't look bad to my eye. @shell: that coat is funny, you decide whether that's good or bad :p

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what i find it pretty objectionable.

shirt epaulets are annoying. Jeans don't fit particularly well. Pretty ugly sneakers too. Sunglasses are annoying, especially with the scarf.

Alexlude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Basically. The scarf is a little much, but you look better than 99% of the people I see walking around, so whatever, I'm fine with it. And don't mind Kent Money (aether) he's a 7 times banned troll.

Are the jeans N&F? I like the colour, I would have sized down a little, but that's just my own predilection for very very skinny jeans.

@shell: that coat is funny, you decide whether that's good or bad :p

haha thanks, yeah i was thinking the scarf was a bit top heavy but i went with it anyways...

man you're good.. yup the jeans are N&F grey selvedge. picked up the pair yesterday @ Barneys. i wanted a little looser feel and went with 31 (normal waist is 32) in the weird guy fit.

Alexlude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
what i find it pretty objectionable.

shirt epaulets are annoying. Jeans don't fit particularly well. Pretty ugly sneakers too. Sunglasses are annoying, especially with the scarf.

aren't we in a great mood today? shieet according to this post, i would have gotten a better reaction if i went out in a towel straight from the shower

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever hendrix, I think the point is not to flame someone who posted something that looks far from horrible and has a fairly good probability of getting cooler over time. And WOW want to know something funny, the sadder I am in real life the nicer I am on the internet lol I just can't bring myself to be mean when I feel so ******.

Haha back when jet used to ***** about me being all nice I was all depressed and ****, then when I'm in a good mood I'm a cock.

but yeah you can't compare outsiders and styleforumers the same way... my first waywt was so much worse and his is actually decent.

Alexlude

Reaction score
definitely open to widen my style spectrum and get some constructive critique from the resident SF'ers

Brinbro

Reaction score
I dunno man, I know you wanna be all Kanye but throw out the stunnah shades. That's my constructive advice. Also, don't buy anything from LV.

Alexlude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
I dunno man, I know you wanna be all Kanye ...

LOL, too funny but i do like his style...

whats wrong with Louis? is that becoming the coach of Europe?

Brinbro

Reaction score
eh.gif

This place is so strange lately, I second guess everything now... are you a troll?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
buying LV is being a brand whore, you're not buying it because they're doing something special or unique you're buying it because it got a fancy name that celebrities like. hopefully you'll realize that it's better to buy **** that people look at and say "I have NEVER seen that in my life and it looks amazing" instead of **** people look at and say "oh hey that's louis vuitton probably cost a lot"

one says "I care about fashion and style enough to research into unique and lesser known brands" and the other says "I LOVE LV'S MARKETING DEPARTMENT!"

it's like, really, when you see some kid walking down the street with a gucci belt buckle or something are you like "DAMN THAT GUY IS FASHIONABLE BECAUSE HIS BELT BUCKLE COST THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS" or do you think "that guy spent three hundred dollars on a logo, for that price I could have bought some common projects that would look good and subtle, instead of screaming look at me!!!" Not saying I dress cheaply, or subtly. but for the price my **** costs yeah I could have bought a lot of random fashion house garbage, I'd rather wear **** people don't even know exists.

Alexlude

Reaction score
sooo i dont really know what context "troll" means here.. maybe u can clarify..

Alexlude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
buying LV is being a brand whore, you're not buying it because they're doing something special or unique you're buying it because it got a fancy name that celebrities like. hopefully you'll realize that it's better to buy **** that people look at and say "I have NEVER seen that in my life and it looks amazing" instead of **** people look at and say "oh hey that's louis vuitton probably cost a lot" one says "I care about fashion and style enough to research into unique and lesser known brands" and the other says "I LOVE LV'S MARKETING DEPARTMENT!" it's like, really, when you see some kid walking down the street with a gucci belt buckle or something are you like "DAMN THAT GUY IS FASHIONABLE BECAUSE HIS BELT BUCKLE COST THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS" or do you think "that guy spent three hundred dollars on a logo, for that price I could have bought some common projects that would look good and subtle, instead of screaming look at me!!!"
agreeed, i'm not particularly a fan of big named branded items just because they are expensive and those LV belts (with LV buckle) or double G (gucci belts) that look pretty gaudy. i've noticed a lot of folks on here hating on the louis x kanye patchwork dons though.. ? still i'm not a big fashion whore but want to explore what fashion afficianados think, live and breathe and i heard of this forum from one of the forums i post on so figured i come over 'n check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads