• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stinger70

Reaction score
Those are way nicer than the adidas gats IMO...dont like them at all. The problem with the ones youve posted is they have some pretty crazy design on the back of the heel, as i remember. I wanted something plainer.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd Morsel
Not loving the profile, but looking for some beater red sneaks. Anyone handle these in person?

if the sneakers are anything like the dress shoes, theyre absolutely terrible quality. i couldnt even tell if my heutchys were leather or plastic
ffffuuuu.gif

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

andy sipowicz

Reaction score

jay3429

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramo
I ordered these(Adidas Doley Lux DB)...will arrive in a few days. Theyre a little pricey, but the materials look really nice. If I dont like them, theyre going back.

they look pretty good. the price is a bit much for them though.

quasky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
but really I see **** like this every day (except they usually match sneakers too):

i love the couples you'll see in the winter with matching north face puffer coats. i would be super-pissed if i spent half a million won on a lame coat only to break up with my girlfriend and never wear it again.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supergawhite-1B.JPG

Supergawhite-2B.JPG

ramo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
One of the few sneakers that I actually like on this thread (a lot of them give me neutral reactions).

Do you think it's worth the $140 or whatever you paid for them?

The quality on this shoe is amazing. When you open the box you can smell the leather, its super soft and even the insole is a soft padded leather with "DB" engraved. really nice shoe. Its probably worth 140

asdf

Reaction score
posted this in the quick questions thread too, but:

how do supra's fit relative to chucks and/or stans?

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm having a problem trying to find some non-baller sneakers. I'm not a SW&D guy for the most part, but have a couple of pairs of raw denim that I want to pair with some sneakers. I'm actually ok with the look of the Chuck Taylor His, but everyone has them. Are the charcoal CT His fine?

I really can't see how anyone could spend over $200 on a pair of sneakers. I'd much rather have a pair of Alden shell loafers than a couple of $200 sneakers.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And I'd rather have a bunch of 200-300$ sneakers than loafers. Dif'rent strokes, mate.

Heutchy's on Gilt right now, you might like those. Generic man is on sale quite a bit, and is more interesting (and much higher quality) than converse. If you want to spend ~30$, chucks are probably your best bet, unless veja is stocked near you. Superga is another incredibly obvious choice in canvas.

obeserabbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdf
posted this in the quick questions thread too, but:

how do supra's fit relative to chucks and/or stans?

for me, supras and stans = 8.5, chucks = 7.5

i have wide feet though, ymmv

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads