• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

aridhol

Reaction score
Ordered the Mason Grey, hopefully it turns out well. The measuring process messed up and I had to re-do em all.

raphael__n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Shoulders too big, sleeves too long, chest maybe could come in a hair.
I completely agree. I also think that the vest is too long. The pant legs also seem to be a tad too wide, but that could probably be because the crotch was made too big, making my legs appear very short.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raphael__n
I completely agree. I also think that the vest is too long. The pant legs also seem to be a tad too wide, but that could probably be because the crotch was made too big, making my legs appear very short.

Yes. You also have heavily sloping shoulders. I would be surprised if you ever get shoulders from an online MTM tailor that work, frankly.

raphael__n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Yes. You also have heavily sloping shoulders. I would be surprised if you ever get shoulders from an online MTM tailor that work, frankly.

I think that would be my fault. I specified normal shoulders. I didn't think they quite hit the "sloping" range. After a few quick measurements I can see they definitely oversized the pants. I put in 23", which they did not change, but the crotch was made at 24.75". That is a very drastic change as my best fitting pair of jeans comes in at 23". Since that cannot be reduced, I suppose the pants are also going to be included in the remake process as well. Last but not least, should I have the length of the vest reduced, or is it better to have it remade?

jbharris88

Reaction score
The weird arms in the air position is to show how much the suit snags when I move my arms. I'm thinking higher armholes is necessary as well. I'm probably going to throw the pocket flaps back in as well.

This goes for anyone: Next time EMBED your pictures, don't attach them - it's a pain ********** to click all these things so I'm already starting off in a bad mood.

The arms in the air is going to be like this w/ most of what you order. I've got higher armholes last time and it still does the same thing. All I gained was restricted arm movement (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=198010). The biggest problem with this jacket is obvious, as you mentioned, the shoulders are just too big. Length seems good. You could probably stand to reduce the measurement in the bicep as well. Sleeves may be a tad too long, but I can't tell with the stylish American Eagle shirt
eh.gif
. Pants are ok, seem like an alright length if you plan to wear them that low. Vest is too long.

Also, I've been trying to tell everyone that jetted pockets are no good.

jbharris88

Reaction score
I think that would be my fault. I specified normal shoulders. I didn't think they quite hit the "sloping" range. After a few quick measurements I can see they definitely oversized the pants. I put in 23", which they did not change, but the crotch was made at 24.75". That is a very drastic change as my best fitting pair of jeans comes in at 23". Since that cannot be reduced, I suppose the pants are also going to be included in the remake process as well. Last but not least, should I have the length of the vest reduced, or is it better to have it remade?

Always get the whole thing remade for fear they will mix and match material on you. If you read through the horror stories, you'll see plenty where this has happened. I had a remake of the ultimate gray and the material of the two suits were drastically different. Why add to the headache?

raphael__n

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback jbharris88, which I wholeheartedly agree with. Your suit came out very nicely. I just wish mine turned out like that so I could have avoided all this hassle. I'm not quite sure how to embed picutres. I only found an URL Image and an Attachment option. And I should have stuck with the flaps after all. I saw a few nice jetted pockets on other suits. I didn't expect them to be as prominent as they are with the border around them. That's something that can be rectified given the numerous problems on the suit calls for a remake. I'll also need to find a useful tailor that doesn't just say "It looks fine" like the genius I went to. He was given great reviews too, but I suppose he's stuck a few decades back, especially given the horrendous boxy tweed jacket I saw one of his customers walk out with. It really irks me when old people try to advise me that suits are meant to be broader and boxier and how they know better than our generation. Clearly, they missed the generation before them that wore properly fitted suits. There's a big difference since the majority of the current generation dresses terribly. If I see one more t-shirt with a stupid slogan on it...

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@raphael...when you put in your shoulder measurements, did you measure while wearing a well-fitting suit jacket? For my first order, I copied my best jacket and entered that measurement (which also seemed to follow the video example). I was very happy with the shoulder part of the jacket. I also measured the crotch and thighs snug, as it suggests. It actually was a bit too snug and I'm adjusting slightly for the next purchase. Maybe I had good luck, but I stuck to the videos pretty closely and was happy with the suit.

The tough thing with this company I'm finding is that you probably get a different tailor every time, which means a different size interpretation. For example, I entered 6.5" for my wrist circumference (yeah yeah skinny wrist). When I saw my first suit shipped I checked and a change had been made on the site to 7.5", but the jacket turned out great. So when I put in the 2nd order, I left their measurement alone, only to come back a few days later to see it had changed to 8.5". So now I am fearful how it will turn out.

raphael__n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
@raphael...when you put in your shoulder measurements, did you measure while wearing a well-fitting suit jacket?

I measured the shoulders according to a very snug fitting shirt I have. I do not have a very well-fitting jacket unfortunately. I only own a 34R blazer that comes the closest. Even those vary a lot. I've come across 34S jackets that are larger on me than then 34R I own. OTR doesn't work for me at all.
plain.gif

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not looking to derail this thread.

I've been following this thread closely and my emotions change day to day. One day I am ready to pull trigger and try getting a suit from them, and then I see critiques that make me think twice.

Just curious as the quality of fabrics used for the money you pay. Basically, using H&M as a starting point, would you say Indochino is on par, better, or worse? (I know, might be a weird comparison, but also eying h&m for a cheap suit...)

mjc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
Just curious as the quality of fabrics used for the money you pay. Basically, using H&M as a starting point, would you say Indochino is on par, better, or worse? (I know, might be a weird comparison, but also eying h&m for a cheap suit...)

You never know! It's a surprise every time!

They change fabric sources frequently. People have returned jackets for remakes, but kept the pants, only to find that the new jacket fabric doesn't match the old pants.

I ordered several pairs of charcoal pants from them last year. The wool was very nice indeed. I ordered 2 more this month, and the fabric is totally different - thinner, shinier, less soft. Very disappointing.

You've been warned...

- Mike

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mjc
You never know! It's a surprise every time!

They change fabric sources frequently. People have returned jackets for remakes, but kept the pants, only to find that the new jacket fabric doesn't match the old pants.

I ordered several pairs of charcoal pants from them last year. The wool was very nice indeed. I ordered 2 more this month, and the fabric is totally different - thinner, shinier, less soft. Very disappointing.

You've been warned...

- Mike

That's all I needed to know. Was very tempted with there new discount code and 2 shirts deal.... but think I will pass for good.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
That's all I needed to know. Was very tempted with there new discount code and 2 shirts deal.... but think I will pass for good.

i'm not a fan of H&M at all.
most of their stuff is synthetics.

i'd sooner choose indochino.

but at least at H&M you know in advance how crappy your stuff is going to be.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
i'm not a fan of H&M at all.
most of their stuff is synthetics.

i'd sooner choose indochino.

but at least at H&M you know in advance how crappy your stuff is going to be.

I am not a huge fan either. I think I own a tie from them, couple rings. I do like their jeans though (yes, they are cheap, but I like the cuts of them) and boxer-brief packs.

Just in the market for something cheap. And did try on suit and again, the cut is nice, but of course the fabrics are... yeah.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads