• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Smoking can look cool.

You're like the anti-antismoking mascot. Awesome. Makes me want to get a pouch of Drum right now.

LOL!! Cheers Lufty! I even dug out my old cig case
laugh.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
What do you want me to say. I'm not a tailor, and I can't say this is off, you need to do this, etc, but all I can tell you is that it looks badly done, not harmonious etc. I am actually shocked that it didn't get more responses. I'd never have seen it had I not received a pm to look, but I guess what people say about the circle jerk, bukkake, and reach around society in this thread is true.

Originally Posted by teddieriley
You're so diplomatic matt.
inlove.gif

Fixed.
teacha.gif

Originally Posted by PandArts
LOL!! Cheers Lufty! I even dug out my old cig case
laugh.gif

I can't smoke cigarettes a bit anymore; my body rejects it. Rather unfortunate.

Though occasionally I can still bring out the pipe (speaking of affectations).

Prestosmp

Reaction score
I agree with patrickBOOTH here. It's WAYYYYYYYYY too affected - it was affected even for Trepanier, who remains King Affect. It reminds me of this:
popped-collars.jpg
For those who say "ah, he's young, he can do it" - I disagree. It still looks silly. It would look silly-er on an older guy. And this coming from one of the younger guys here in MC. SMP - if you had removed one of the shirts, I could get behind it. But as is, it's too much. Smoking can look cool. You're like the anti-antismoking mascot. Awesome. Makes me want to get a pouch of Drum right now. Like this a lot. Good color balance and use of bow. Looks good as is - wouldn't want more sloppytura with this. Yes. Maybe a little more color contrast would have have been nice, but that's nitpicking. +1. Nice coat. Would have pair it with a different trou in an ideal world - it works as you have it, though. Thanks, sir. You always frame your shots well. The outfit's nice - my only criticism: I think the PS is overkill - like a squid trying to escape from your pocket. Tuck it in a bit. Not working for me today, Rob. I would have either 1) ditched the tie, or 2) ditched the jeans.

Sometimes its about having fun. Wasnt trying to be "douchey" , so I will roll with my look for today. I wasnt going for overkill. For me everyday is not about wearing what is "classic" or expected, however; always taking some of classic style into account.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
86292466.jpg

Very classy, cp. Is the shirt pink?

Originally Posted by IST66
1-84-1.jpg

Love that tie, IST. Perfect with blue jeans. Where'd ya get it?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The outfit's nice - my only criticism: I think the PS is overkill - like a squid trying to escape from your pocket. Tuck it in a bit.
laugh.gif
A very visual analogy, the squid. I'm not used to pocket squares much; still learning. Thanks for the advice
teacha.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Playing with patterns today. (The blazer is navy, even though it's reading as black in the images.)

Front-23.jpg
Feet-13.jpg

Closeup-36.jpg

Sleeves-1.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prestosmp
Sometimes its about having fun. Wasnt trying to be "douchey" , so I will roll with my look for today. I wasnt going for overkill.
Not douchey. Just too much going on at once. Perhaps the douchebro photo was not apropos. Rather, I think of the quote attributed to Coco Chanel concerning taking off the last accessory you put on. Only here, I would have attributed it to shirts. In my mind, two collared shirts at once is never a good look.
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
laugh.gif
A very visual analogy, the squid. I'm not used to pocket squares much; still learning. Thanks for the advice
teacha.gif

I am also still learning. It took me a while to "find myself." I've only become mildly adept at dressing now some 2000 posts in. Look at some of my earlier posts - ghastly, I say.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today: A distinctly fall-like chill in the air. 3 piece flannel helps combat that (1976 3/2 sack from Brooks). I really can't understand the paisley haters out there.
5100812894_f4479e3293_z.jpg
5100213789_c02446cc0d_z.jpg
5100812528_fcfb76871c_z.jpg
5100215025_90db5ac639_z.jpg
5100813646_01ee3fca46_z.jpg
5100813112_9a172ca6a4_z.jpg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Your hectoring is already making a valuable difference.

- B

I am hoping you guys will straighten this **** out now that I have brought it to your attention. I don't want to have to come back to this thread again this year.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really can't understand the paisley haters out there.

Backlash hit a few years ago after it enjoyed a temporary place on the top of the SF hype cycle.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I am hoping you guys will straighten this **** out now that I have brought it to your attention. I don't want to have to come back to this thread again this year.

Calendar year?

- B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads