• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
and bingo was your name-o.

About fourteen zillion times that rule has been stated...you guys have been told, reminded, retold, rereminded, youve had your thread titles edited with IAMAMORONCOSISWEARINTHREADTITLES probably two dozen times, and locked on sight...

And yet...

I know it's been stated a quadrillion times but I didn't know that was a bannable offense. That's pretty harsh...
frown.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
That's a fraking good idea!

Should "frakking" be spelled with two ks?
confused.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
A point of clarity, but what do you guys constitute as swearing? Obviously overly vulgar phrases, ****, *****, and bastard... what about hell, damn, ****, and others I'm probably forgetting?

allow me to make this abundantly simple...if you think 'maybe this word will cause an issue' - change it. If your mother ever told you at the table to 'not speak like that please'...change it....none of us are going to sit here and publish a word list.

Originally Posted by gdl203
I know it's been stated a quadrillion times but I didn't know that was a bannable offense. That's pretty harsh...
frown.gif

I didn't hand out the penalty here. I did PM other mods with a link to it when I squirreled it, I am not sure whether TJ has been just put in the hole for a while, or if he is permaholed.

I like the guy...but I am sick of restating the same rule over and over. If TJ ends up a sacrificial lamb that scares others of you into thinking 'those assholes will ban me for this' and causes you guys to rename your thread...then so be it. Our modding lives got a little easier for the experience.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Yeah, don't want to get it confused with "frayking", which is something else (I assume).

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters but I vote for a time out vs. ban
smile.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Yeah, don't want to get it confused with "frayking", which is something else (I assume).
I will never read your frayking book.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
I will never read your frayking book.

You mean you haven't already?

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
laugh.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was surprised that TJ didn't get that thread title edited out a while ago. It had been up for at least a week. Bring him back if possible. He's a good guy.

What ended up happening with the Napoli tailor and Unlucky threads?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what does this mean?

Originally Posted by LA Guy
Before you get yourself between 2 weeks and permanent timeouts, please use some judgement before posting in this forum. I'm not going to set out specific guidelines, except to say that a NSFW tag is okay if you are going to show some ass, but is certainly not going to save your ass if you cross the line. Videos of car accidents, bukkake, etc..., is going to earn you some time off, if you have 2 posts and if you have 10 000+ posts.

This is just going to be how it is until people start using their brains and the content on this subforum moves up to "regular" stupidity.

is enforcement optional?
is it only for dt?
?

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
what does this mean?

is enforcement optional?
is it only for dt?
?

I would like to know where the line is drawn as well, if the mods don't mind.

Originally Posted by LA Guy
One of the things that you may have noticed about the forum is that, the buying and selling forum excepted, there are not any rigid rules (well, you can't post Appreciation or racist comments). This is not an oversight. It gives the administrators and our moderation team a lot of latitude to use their judgement. There is only one guiding principle, which is to be respectful of the forum and the other members. So, let's everyone do that, yeah?

Fok.

Originally Posted by Fumma
Cunning smeagol is such a marsupial but I have to agree, this is why I hate kikes who get all hot and bothered cause I'm like "you guyz poison wellz n Hitler shud haz finish teh job, LOLZ!". What he said makes a lot of sense indeed, which is why black culture was waaaay better in the 30s, they really handled racism well, shutting up and ****. Now look at them complaining everything I leave a noose on their trees or burn a cross disguised as a ghost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads