• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
HlyYQ.jpg

This is exactly what I was posting about earlier. Like clockwork.

Fix your god damn sleeves, jesus that looks bad.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MS007
justtemple, I would wear different socks. The color is too close to the one of the pants (could be the picture again). But other than that, nice fit.
?

I stared at your legs for about 10 seconds before I realized what was going on, so I think this is a valid critique. It gives the impression that you're trying to hide the fact that you're wearing knickers, which is crazier than wearing knickers.

Also, Brinbro, shut the **** up about sleeve length already. You have no clue what you're talking about. Thanks

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually agree with dude, I've been wanting to get the cuffs on that Rick made smaller so they stack instead of going past my hand for awhile. The long sleeves bother me to no end when I'm trying to hold things in my hand, which is quite often.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
I stared at your legs for about 10 seconds before I realized what was going on, so I think this is a valid critique. It gives the impression that you're trying to hide the fact that you're wearing knickers, which is crazier than wearing knickers.

I'm on the fence about this one. I feel like in person there is probably enough texture there to distinguish, without being ostentatious. Contrasting colors might be too much. I did stare at his legs for a long time, too, but I think it may be the image quality.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
I actually agree with dude, I've been wanting to get the cuffs on that Rick made smaller so they stack instead of going past my hand for awhile. The long sleeves bother me to no end when I'm trying to hold things in my hand, which is quite often.

I have a jacket like this, which is why I hate it so much, it's an Odyn Vovk leather and the sleeves are like an inch too long. It drives me irrationally crazy and makes me self conscious, luckily they look good cuffed a half inch which helps but I'd like to not have to wear it like that.

PaulYAY, what exactly am I wrong about? Settle down.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Where the **** is that stoner with our Sgt.Pepper pic?

It's 1/2way done. This is possibly the worst week workwise evar.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY

Originally Posted by softy
I'm on the fence about this one. I feel like in person there is probably enough texture there to distinguish, without being ostentatious. Contrasting colors might be too much. I did stare at his legs for a long time, too, but I think it may be the image quality.

The knickers are a softer wool while the socks are a thin ribbed cotton. Trust me there is no way I'm hiding the fact that I stepped out onto the streets of downtown Baltimore in them. There's just no indication of a lot of the textures that were going on in that fit unfortunately. I need to figure out how to take better indoor pictures of myself I'm afraid.

I've done both (contrast vs. non); they both have their place.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
I have a jacket like this, which is why I hate it so much, it's an Odyn Vovk leather and the sleeves are like an inch too long. It drives me irrationally crazy and makes me self conscious, luckily they look good cuffed a half inch which helps but I'd like to not have to wear it like that.

PaulYAY, what exactly am I wrong about? Settle down.

jls_fw10leatherfnnljckt_atelier_8_31_10_5134-1_medium.jpg
jls_fw10denimjckt_atelier_8_31_10_5229_medium.jpg

dd_fw10jacket_atelier_8_25_10_2763_medium.jpg
ccp_fw09ragcoatgry_DSC_0440_medium.jpg

ccp_fw07xtrlngnkswtr_IMG_4393_medium.jpg

23_rickowens_lg.jpg

Brinbro

Reaction score
Dude, we don't need more pictures of jackets with sleeves that are too long to be practical in this thread. It's nice that you think they look good in the pictures, and all that designer intention stuff is nice and silhouette blah blah, but really it's stupid and some of the people at SZ must never use their hands. Keep in mind I wasn't even talking specifically RO, or even leather jackets, it happens with a ton of outerwear and even knits around here and it just looks bad.

Regarding your pictures again, some of those aren't even too long, but when it starts interfering with your dexterity and motor functions it's safe to say you're a fashion victim.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_20101020_092409.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads