• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenCoe

Reaction score
6a0120a8bb16f2970b0133f20511ad970b-pi

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ItsInMyJeans
J. Crew 7 For All Mankind Cole Haan J. Crew Socks I went and did a little more shopping today. My feeble attempt to better my wardrobe.
musicboohoo[1].gif

So you went to J. Crew and bought socks with skulls wearing Santa Claus hats to better match your Cole Haan shoes. Makes sense. Is your denim selvedge?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
IMG_0131.jpg
kka yy acne x lanvin f+b

I really like the color palette here. Very harmonious and natural-- the colors don't draw attention to themselves, yet it does not look too dull or boring either. Good balance. What season is that Attachment jacket from? I don't recall seeing you wear it before, nor do I recall seeing it in the current FW10 collection. Is it leather?

Brinbro

Reaction score
I disagree. Too many people are copping too many jackets with too long of sleeves. This seems to be really popular with expensive japanese or 'goth-ninja' pieces, and is usually rationalized poorly - along the lines of 'I don't mind them' - well you should, because it fits bad and looks worse. lmao's sleeves aren't particularly egregious, but they're close to; it's making him appear to have monkey-arms.

The texture of the jeans with the smoothness of the boots (and the bulbous toes) and the blue top seem disjointed with the rest of the fit - I think something with a different texture, not sure what, would look 100x better. I'm going to say a pair of black overdyed jeans? FWIW, I hate blue jeans with black boots almost universally so there is some bias.

ItsInMyJeans

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
So you went to J. Crew and bought socks with skulls wearing Santa Claus hats to better match your Cole Haan shoes. Makes sense. Is your denim selvedge?

The socks werent supposed to match the shoes I just thought they were different so I bought'em. I havent found any selvedge denim in my area yet but I'm going to New Orleans this weekend and plan on finding some on Magazine St. The jeans in the pic are 7 for all mankind

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
I disagree. Too many people are copping too many jackets with too long of sleeves. This seems to be really popular with expensive japanese or 'goth-ninja' pieces, and is usually rationalized poorly - along the lines of 'I don't mind them' - well you should, because it fits bad and looks worse. lmao's sleeves aren't particularly egregious, but they're close to; it's making him appear to have monkey-arms.

The texture of the jeans with the smoothness of the boots (and the bulbous toes) and the blue top seem disjointed with the rest of the fit - I think something with a different texture, not sure what, would look 100x better. I'm going to say a pair of black overdyed jeans? FWIW, I hate blue jeans with black boots almost universally so there is some bias.

confused.gif

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1.

i think a pair of petrol or dark black jeans would have really brought the fit together.

MS007

Reaction score
Ty looks fantastic. Vest and bag are exceptionally nice.

Synth, the cut of these jeans doesn't flatter you -they look a tad to loose on the tights- (could be the angle though).

RFX jacket is great.

Listi, that is the best (basic) fit I have seen on you so far. The color of the shirt is an eye catcher. You could wear more washed out (or grey) jeans with it, would accentuate it up even more.

justtemple, I would wear different socks. The color is too close to the one of the pants (could be the picture again). But other than that, nice fit.

TKJTG, if you would wear a shirt with a thicker fabric, it would look better (the wrinkles).

mellowfellow, all fits are very nice. Inspiring. Who makes the jacket?

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agree, they aren't terribly long in lmao's fit but it is especially lol-worthy when 5'7" dudes buy ccp suits or some **** and try to rock 27" sleeves by just letting them bunch at their fingers or flip them up.
facepalm.gif

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HlyYQ.jpg
rick james perse jersey sweatshirt margiela straight legs margiela trainers STARTED RAINING
obf1R.jpg
coal hat bless coat same

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^solid fits all around, as usual, and exceptionally sick outerwear.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, totally thought I'd step up my fits after coming to Japan, but after wearing a suit all day I just wanna throw on a sweatshirt, loose jeans, and trainers. luckily outerwear season means I can throw something cool on whatever garbage I'm wearing and look cool, heh. Gonna make a purchase this weekend of either a WJK or one of the Attachment pieces from the Kazuyaki Kumagai line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads