• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the 993 (would love it even more without the aero kit, however).

Please Respond

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
Love the 993 (would love it even more without the aero kit, however).

Thanks, but, you crazy:

PcarGarage2.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_7326.jpg

DSC01732.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

130-3022_IMG.jpg

It's the aero kit that pulls the look of the car together. The 993 Carrera S sans aerokit has always felt "incomplete" to me.

Granted I removed the front bumperettes and installed the Turbo S brake ducts and also went with euro, white turn signals. But that was a no briainer. Kept the wheels stock, 993 Turbo S Hollow Spokes, 18".

I wouldn't do anything to change the appearance of the car from the way it is right now, interior and exterior.

911's with fat asses should have whale tails
smile.gif

I just wish it had another 150hp.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Not a fan of 997 turbos and would prefer the 993 to be a turbo or turbo s.

amstokesdb9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Please Respond
Thanks, but, you crazy:

It's the aero kit that pulls the look of the car together. The 993 Carrera S sans aerokit has always felt "incomplete" to me.

911's with fat asses should have whale tails
smile.gif

I just wish it had another 150hp.

+1 the side view with that aero kit is so perfect

Please Respond

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Not a fan of 997 turbos and would prefer the 993 to be a turbo or turbo s.
Okay, jet, I'll play along. So, are you not a fan of the 997 in general? Or just adverse to the 997 Turbo? Why? Looks? Performance? Please expand. And as far as the 993, do you prefer the turbo variation for the additional hp or the AWD? Also, the 993 Turbo S, is it the performance increase that you appreciate or aesthetic? Are you a track guy? What's your whip?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Please Respond
Okay, jet, I'll play along.

So, are you not a fan of the 997 in general? Or just adverse to the 997 Turbo? Why? Looks? Performance? Please expand.

And as far as the 993, do you prefer the turbo variation for the additional hp or the AWD?
Also, the 993 Turbo S, is it the performance increase that you appreciate or aesthetic?

Are you a track guy? What's your whip?

1. love 997s, prefer c2s, gt3, gt2 over regular turbo which is LA soccer dad's choice of transport
2. 993 turbo was far more insane than the diluted 997tt (plus I hate how it looks), 993 turbo s is the best of the best
3. used to be, e46 m3 with remote reservoir suspension corner-balanced with track alignment

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
1. love 997s, prefer c2s, gt3, gt2 over regular turbo which is LA soccer dad's choice of transport
2. 993 turbo was far more insane than the diluted 997tt (plus I hate how it looks), 993 turbo s is the best of the best
3. used to be, e46 m3 with remote reservoir suspension corner-balanced with track alignment

what is it now?

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amstokesdb9
+1 the side view with that aero kit is so perfect
Blah. Looks way cleaner without the kit (IMO). Leave the tail for the Turbo's.
i1A5T85K.jpg
And here's a silver one for comparison's sake:
1_m.jpg
PcarGarage2.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
what is it now?

now I'm a street guy

Please Respond

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

Originally Posted by jet
now I'm a street guy

993 turbo is an awesome car but for a dedicated track car, I actually prefer a naturally aspirated. At only 282hp, you have to work a lot harder to chase, capture and pass. High HP cars are great for masking mistakes on a track, smash the throttle and hold on, don't worry about this miss apexed or pinched track out. Yeah, I would like more HP in the 993 but am also glad I don't have the AWD on the 993 cause it's a lot more fun without it.

The 997 Turbo is a little bit too refined for my taste. I wouldn't call it an LA soccer dad mobile, I'll reserve that classification for the Bimmer 3.0 liter and Audi "A" guys. The Turbo puts down 0-60 in 3.7sec and slices Mulholland like no other car I've ever driven. The biggest draw back, it's too easy to drive and drive fast.

I've tossed around the idea of selling both and getting a GT3RS but no one will let me sell the 993. I happen to have a pristine model, have had it for nearly ten years and the guys who work on it tell me it's one of the best they've ever driven. I just can't bring myself to put it up for sale.

p.s. I also like ///M cars. My daily driver:
IMG_0624-1.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

What does, "Now I'm a street guy" mean? Ricer?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Not into the track anymore unless I got a gt3.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pat pearson
My collection

1994 Rover D90- Daily Driver

1965- Jaguar E-type- Weekend Driver

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

edit: Ive tried to resize that first pic like a dozen times, sorry for its size, ill try again later.

i really like your cars,but i love your driveway (seriously)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads