• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How I dress attracts golddiggers, how do I change that?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So no joke, the last few girls I've dated, while not necessarily golddiggers, were definitely the type to want to be "taken care of" as they put it.

My ex who I'm still friends with told me due to how I dress and how I carry myself, I appear well-off apparently and more attractive to those types of girls than a guy who looks like a skater, for example.

I normally just wear jeans, nice shoes or leather sneakers, and an untucked button down. Or I'll do shorts and a polo if it's warm. All items fit very well and tend to look like an outfit. Pretty damn preppy overall, though nothing I wear has a logo or brand name that's well known.

So how could I switch things up a little to attract girls who wear jeans a tank-top, like to be outdoors, and are kind of tomboy-ish? Same idea for the hippie girls

Most of the girls I know like that have boyfriends who are:
In the army
Bro's
Guys who work out too much

None of them wear anything but baggy shorts and a T-shirt.

I've been here long enough to know this thread will quickly turn into crap, but it's worth a shot. What should I do, start playing baseball? Dress more like a bro? LOL.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
So no joke, the last few girls I've dated, while not necessarily golddiggers, were definitely the type to want to be "taken care of" as they put it.

My ex who I'm still friends with told me due to how I dress and how I carry myself, I appear well-off apparently and more attractive to those types of girls than a guy who looks like a skater, for example.

I normally just wear jeans, nice shoes or leather sneakers, and an untucked button down. Or I'll do shorts and a polo if it's warm. All items fit very well and tend to look like an outfit. Pretty damn preppy overall, though nothing I wear has a logo or brand name that's well known.

So how could I switch things up a little to attract girls who wear jeans a tank-top, like to be outdoors, and are kind of tomboy-ish? Same idea for the hippie girls

In the army
Bro's

I've been here long enough to know this thread will quickly turn into crap, but it's worth a shot. What should I do, start playing baseball? Dress more like a bro? LOL.

"LOL"

If it gets to the point where you actually date them, it's far more than how you dress. It's your personality. What you described is very generic and how most dudes dress. It isn't the clothes, bro.

EMY

Reaction score
girls who wear jeans a tank-top, like to be outdoors, and are kind of tomboy-ish can still be gold diggers...

im assuming you want to attract less skanky girls.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
go outside
do outdoorsy things
meet those girls

you dress like an average dude you don't dress like a baller if you were like

yeah man i wear lanvin and velvet jackets with dior jawns, well that would be something else.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
go outside
do outdoorsy things
meet those girls

you dress like an average dude you don't dress like a baller if you were like

yeah man i wear lanvin and velvet jackets with dior jawns, well that would be something else.

ehh me and Sq4you go out dressed like that and we only get hipster girls.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician

me too. Toronto hipster broads love me, but I take my suburban beauties over them any day
smile.gif

freeAgent

Reaction score
Just go after the girls you like. I assume you're still in school, so the reason girls may not want to pay for stuff is because they have no money. That said, I've never dated a girl who hasn't insisted on paying for herself, even on the first date.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88

In the army
Bro's

So stop dating tramps and trashy girls.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You talk about two types of women:

1) Women who want you to fix their lives (golddiggers)
2) Women who don't want to fix their lives (bro-daters)

Find women who want to fix their own lives and date them instead. It'll make your life much easier down the road.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician

lol...DC

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How should I dress if I want to be a golddigger?
Well, more specifically, a liquor-store-owner-digger?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads