• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_s

Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor;
theres just gotta be a goddamn window in JD's place somewhere, get a little light up in that *****

5096959770_4acd03c428_z.jpg

5096379799_ebb7681a5e_z.jpg

5096362837_cca32ee166_z.jpg

Either Mary Ward or Mary Park Hall? Kind of sad I can tell just by that shot. Glad to see they got new carpets.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
@ no one in particular - Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is amazing. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the winter 2010/2011 release.
This made its way to Ontario last year... And literally sold out on the first day it was available in my town. They only got in like 24 bottles. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for this one, I've never had it but can only imagine great things. Canada has some solid stouts too, Dieu de Ciel's Aphrodite and Peche Mortel are two of my favourites. @TKJTG: I don't like it. The shirt looks a little on the small side, although it might just be the stance. And that's coming from me, who loves super slim fits. Shoes look like garbage, and belt is "meh" Pants fit okay and the bag is nice, mediocre fit overall imo nothing terrible and better than people on the street but not up to SF standard I would say...

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
^ I haven't had Aphrodite, but Peche Mortel is fantastic (only had it once, and never on draft). Founders Breakfast Stout is perhaps somewhat similar and one of my absolute top beers (I have an entire unopened case of this year's plus maybe half a case of last year's in my basement).

edit: Brooklyn changes the recipe for their Black Chocolate Stout every year, and there was one year (maybe 2007/2008?) where I thought the taste was kind of off - almost a sour flavor to it - perhaps because they jacked the ABV up too high. It's otherwise been consistently awesome, though, and it only improves with a few months in the cellar.

[/threadjacking with beer talk]

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
@TKJTG: I don't like it. The shirt looks a little on the small side, although it might just be the stance. And that's coming from me, who loves super slim fits. Shoes look like garbage, and belt is "meh" Pants fit okay and the bag is nice, mediocre fit overall imo nothing terrible and better than people on the street but not up to SF standard I would say...

****, and I was pretty excited about this one haha. I kind of agree on the shirt, as its MTM and I think I went too small on the chest measurement by an inch or so. Nobody on SF seems to like the shoes but I'm fond of them. If they start to wear on me I might throw em up on ebay or something(I didn't pay too much for them so not a HUGE loss). Thanks for the feedback, though.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy
I have a pair of Thin Finns but my thighs are just too large for them because I kicked a soccer ball around during recess in the 5th grade. Do you just get them tapered below the knee? Looks so sickk.
Yup, the leg opening is now about 6.5", tapered from the knee down. My grandmother did it in about ten minutes.
teacha.gif
Also, I played soccer through college (and still play), am 6"1, 180, and skinny jeans look pretty good on me. I know you're joking, but people saying "halp me my thighs are too big I'm too muscular and I played soccer" - 99% of you are fat and out of shape. Nil could wear ******* leggings and a tutu and look manlier than all of us, it has nothing to do with thigh size. If you don't look good naked... edit: 3rd picture is best mellowfit ever

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
@ justtemple - That's fantastic that you can wear that to client meetings. Back when I had client meetings (one job ago), I always felt obligated to wear an ill-fitting suit and tie. Your idea of a work-to-happy hour fit needs to be introduced to this lot: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=204289

I like how the OP's idea of non-conservative = slim lime-green suit. Also, lawlz at the idea that SW&D attire can't "stand out."

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Why are there 24 pages in that thread? Has any sw thread ever reached that length besides waywt, rft and rp?

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TotesMcGotes
Mellow what jacket is that? Last fit

guessing NDG

Originally Posted by lmaozedong
IMG_0131.jpg

kka
yy
acne x lanvin
f+b

lots of visual appeal while still working within a limited color palette. awesome. glad this ended in boots and not sneakers.
i see some of the extra volume that we were talking about upthread coming out, and i like it
devil.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
sheeesh! I didn't even try to catch up... I was close to 70 pages back.

1019.jpg

thrifted
thrifted
101-z (thanks pablo-t!)
RW

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I did MTM for my first time I had this conversation:

Tailor: So how would you like this shirt to fit?
Me: Well, I like a very slim fit shirt.
Tailor: I could have guessed you were going to say that based on the skinny nudies you're wearing. We'll fit it however you want, if you want it skin tight, we can make it skin tight... But keep in mind that you can always slim something later, but you can't really make it bigger. We're all about a modern fit, but you want to be able to move.

So I took his word for it, since the shirt he was wearing fit beautifully. When I came in for my first fitting, it was somewhat of a joke large, but after darting and slimming the arms and sides a little, it fits very well. There are some areas which could be tweaked... I like a tight collar, and the shoulders could move in maybe 1/8" to 1/4" of an inch, the darting could be a little more extreme in the lower back. But overall I had a very good experience, I'm itching to go back once I'm in Toronto again. And it was only $150, a significant discount off of BoO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads