• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Praise of Trickers

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A question for fellow Trickers wearers. Subjectively, I'd say my Trickers soles wear faster than other brands (this is over a couple of pairs of Trickers, not just one). Can anyone else corroborate this?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ Belated thanks for your replies.

I have more questions. I am considering buying these shoes from the Tricker's ebay shop. They are available in both 9.5 and 10UK. I generally wear 9.5 Uk in C&J and Grenson rose though for some reason I need a 10Uk in chukkas (both CJ and AS). So what size would you suggest.

I had asked about beechnut burnished color before and Mr.Tweed and Wes Bourne had kindly posted pics as well. Now, can some tell me if the color of the shoes on ebay is accurate to the actual color of beechnut burnished calf.

Link to the shoes http://cgi.ebay.com/Trickers-Factory...ht_1401wt_1137

I own the Tricker's Marlow (pebble grained plaintoe blucher/derby). I believe it is on the 4537 last. My tricker's are size 9 1/2, width 5. For comparison, almost all of my AE's are 10.5 D (I have one that is a 10E and that is a little short); My Brooks Brother's Peals are 10.5 D (tan blucher/derby from a few seasons back). My Polo/C&J Marlow/Darlton shell cordovan wingtip bluchers are 10.5 D as well. I also wear the C&J Weymouth on the 337 last in size 9.5 E.

I hope that gives you an idea of how the 4537 last fits.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SimonC
A question for fellow Trickers wearers. Subjectively, I'd say my Trickers soles wear faster than other brands (this is over a couple of pairs of Trickers, not just one). Can anyone else corroborate this?

I haven't noticed anything dramatically unusual about sole wear in my Trickers Marlow, which is the only model I have in my rotation.

Are yours from the country line? Perhaps that is a lower grade of sole material...

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have played with the thought of buying some for autumn, actually; some 'healthy' brown brogues for extended, muddy country-walks!
wink.gif

Mr. Tweed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jerome
Have played with the thought of buying some for autumn, actually; some 'healthy' brown brogues for extended, muddy country-walks!
wink.gif

Dear Jerome,

You should indeed stop playing around and get into some muddy action:

smile.gif

Yours,
Mr. Tweed

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I haven't noticed anything dramatically unusual about sole wear in my Trickers Marlow, which is the only model I have in my rotation.

Are yours from the country line? Perhaps that is a lower grade of sole material...

No, a couple of pairs of oxfords (Jermyn St collection) and a couple of pairs of loafers (1829 collection)

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ superb, from ebay store or Pediwear ?

Ebay Factory store a real snip at the price.

GSG

Reaction score
Beautiful shoes, indeed!

What UK size did you order as compared to your US size?

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GSG
Beautiful shoes, indeed!

What UK size did you order as compared to your US size?

From the UK so only use UK sizes but if you speak to David from the Trickers Factory Shop (Ebay too he runs both) i'm sure he'll sort you, he knows his stuff and is very helpful.

getthebeerin

Reaction score
Took the plunge a couple of month ago and purchased my first pair of Tricker's.

Simply stunning.
cool.gif

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Wear them in good health, looked after those should last a lifetime.
smile.gif

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kev777
TrickersDoubleMonk.jpg

Enough said !!

Originally Posted by kev777
Ebay Factory store a real snip at the price.

Beautiful shoes. Which collection/line is it from?

And can you provide a link to the E-bay factory store?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads