• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An endurance feat so amazing only 46 men have completed it since 1585

wetnose

Reaction score
The Kaihogyo
worship.gif

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
The Kaihogyo
worship.gif

How would you even begin to prepare for the 9 continuous days of prayer? I need to get this book from the library. Year 7 also sounds ridiculous.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
insane but freakin' awesome at the same time. i should have guessed it would be the Buddhist religion that could possibly bring us something like this.

year 7 is nuts. that's 51.164 miles (pretty much a double marathon) a day for 100 days and then another 18.63 miles a day for 100 days. 1st part is crazy, even at 5 miles an hour which is a very very slow running pace, you'd be on the road for at least 10 hours for 100 days.

but it's this absolute dedication to enlightment that is one of the hallmarks of the Buddhist religion.

-Jeff

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from day 101 onwards the Monk is no longer allowed to withdraw, he must either complete the course or take his own life.
wow.gif

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Night Owl

Reaction score
quite an endurance feat although connemaras 25 years of virginity is pretty impressive as well

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by akatsuki
Check out this guy's description of the deca-ironman: http://www.bobbysrun.co.uk/ironman.html and then take a look around at the other races he has done/is doing.
I don't know if being addicted to pain killers for two years afterwards (presumably what he refers to) is such a great outcome, but very impressive.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Im surprised 46 men have done it. seems high

Well, we are talking about the past 425 years. FWIW, among athletes today I'd say that Dean Karnazes, Yiannis Kouros, and Pam Reed could probably do this. Probably Scott Jurek as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads