• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ginlimetonic
ridiculous, at 135 pounds, why not go to a Panerai boutique and get one about the same price.

Well, if you want the famous Russian Reindeer...

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jfclarky
I have my trusty Ball & Engineer watch on today.

IMG_0505.jpg

Wow that is a great looking watch. I've been saving up for a Rolex but after seeing your pic I started looking at the Ball line-up and am really loving the look of the Engineer Hydrocarbon Spacemaster and Magnate GMT.

I've haven't heard much about the reliability and quality of Ball but I'm intrigued. Maybe I won't have to save up as much now
smile.gif

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
Well, if you want the famous Russian Reindeer...

Not to be overly distrustful of that e-bay seller, but how can one be sure of how legit this is?

A couple of things that I found slightly suspicious: Repeatedly calling himself a 'Master Craftsman', repeatedly calling other's quality into question, not mentioning that the leather is reindeer, putting 'Metta', 'Genuine' and 'Vintage' in quotation marks and not having a web site.

Of course, he addresses such concerns by including a Certificate of Authenticity - but who does this authentification?

StephenStyle, I'm not trying to cast any doubts on your purchase - I'm only asking as I think your strap looks great and I'm considering getting one for myself.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good points. Apparently he makes the some items for Cleverley including their shoe cleaning cases and document wallets. Obviously this could all be fabricated but it seems to add up.

It certainly smells like Russia calf - not sure how easy that would be to replicate...

Originally Posted by Kaplan
Not to be overly distrustful of that e-bay seller, but how can one be sure of how legit this is?

A couple of things that I found slightly suspicious: Repeatedly calling himself a 'Master Craftsman', repeatedly calling other's quality into question, not mentioning that the leather is reindeer, putting 'Metta', 'Genuine' and 'Vintage' in quotation marks and not having a web site.

Of course, he addresses such concerns by including a Certificate of Authenticity - but who does this authentification?

StephenStyle, I'm not trying to cast any doubts on your purchase - I'm only asking as I think your strap looks great and I'm considering getting one for myself.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yumity
Hi,My b/f's b-day is coming, I wanna send him a watch for present (www.timenets.com) ,i picked the Vacheron Constantin . Can anyone give me any idea on it?????? Thxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a ha ha, very funny... thats a replica watch site, and i suspect he knows you're not able to dish out $20,000 for the real VC...
117416_76837_Unsuccessful.jpg
edit: i got tricked by a spambot (above).. same post on a dozen threads

ajv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Interesting watch. I don't quite get the outer day ring but its certainly unique. Since its got a second hand, what's the subdial at the 9 for? Or is that second hand looking thing pointing to the current day?

Originally Posted by zippyh
Yeah, that second hand looking thing is the day of the week pointer.
The real question is what are those 7-6-5-4-3-2-1 markers for on the outer ring.

^ Maybe they're to indicate that the weekday hand goes counter-clockwise?

I mean, if the order the days are written doesn't give it away
wink.gif

Zipphy had it right an Kaplan nailed it.

Adrian

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG00497-20101018-1240.jpg

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Good points. Apparently he makes the some items for Cleverley including their shoe cleaning cases and document wallets. Obviously this could all be fabricated but it seems to add up.

It certainly smells like Russia calf - not sure how easy that would be to replicate...

There's always a risk but it sounds like Stephen did whatever due diligence that can be done and, most importantly, he likes it. I'm thinking about getting one, too.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ love this

More info please ?

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This just arrived, after a really, really long waiting period.
smile.gif

changy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
This just arrived, after a really, really long waiting period.
smile.gif

Some more Antea love here. Though this one is now on a black nomos strap.
img0691m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads