• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikey34
what system you guys playing chrono trigger on? It's on my list of games to beat one day.

zsnes. it's an ubuntu program, but i'm sure there are plenty of emulators for other OSs.

-_- i"ve been using this one save file for a while and then the system crashed and I accidentally saved while the system was crashing. -_- have to start over from awhile ago and this is preventing me from playing the game again

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
zsnes. it's an ubuntu program, but i'm sure there are plenty of emulators for other OSs.

Yeah zsnes is on Windows and Mac too. Sorry about yr save, that also happened to my Chrono Trigger save a few years ago. Just give it time and come back later--you won't regret it.

Sucks to hear about current-gen RPGs sucking so much. I've hesitated on playing Mass Effect. It's cheap right now but I know it'll suck 20-30 hours of my time...would that be time well-spent?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yes. Though you might want to wait for ME3 and just play them as a trilogy, it's one story in multiple parts. ME2 was a big step up gameplay-wise from ME1 and had more to do (no cookie cutter side-missions, though those didn't get too tiresome in ME1 anyway) so it'll be interesting to see what they tweak for the third one.

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Radagast
Broke my video game hiatus by renting Red Dead Redemption based on the 9.5 Gamespot review.

Put 3 hours in last night and I'm bored with it. The initial cut scene had me expecting a lot, but so far not having much fun. I'm going to give in another try tonight, if it doesn't improve dramatically I'll call it quits.

Your opinion may not change. I had to force myself through the game even with its 95 metascore. It gets better, and changes up the GTA mechanics in some great ways, but it wasn't as good as San Andreas for me. Lots of side missions involving lots of long horse rides. Those missions had the occasional interesting character, but they were too few and far between for me. Main story picks up some towards the end, but the ending is cliche.

Of course I'm biased to GTA. San Andreas was the high point for me being from LA
smile.gif

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone of you guys playing a MMORPG?
I've played Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, Warhammer and Eve Online. 1st Person Shooter just aren't as addictive as MMORPG so I'd like to play one again. Problem is, I dunno what. WoW was kinda sucked out after playing it so long, Ultima Online is just too old, Warcraft is meh (I love the lore and the game raped it) and Eve Online way too difficult for me to stick with without any friends playing it. Please give me suggestions, I'm so bored of virtually shooting people in the face over and over again.
I like big char customization and huge worlds. I still feel like UltimaOnline was the best MMORPG ever, especially on the freeshards. Already of how many pieces an armor consisted and that you were able to play without any fighting against NPCs.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got out of playing WoW after realising how crappy the gameplay was on my new computer that can play newer games like StarCraft 2 and Modern Warfare 2. Almost as if I was delluded into thinking I was enjoying myself because of the carrot of leveling up and getting new loot, but to each his own, apparently end game is much better.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I just got out of playing WoW after realising how crappy the gameplay was on my new computer that can play newer games like StarCraft 2 and Modern Warfare 2. Almost as if I was delluded into thinking I was enjoying myself because of the carrot of leveling up and getting new loot, but to each his own, apparently end game is much better.
Isn't it the same with MW2? It's motivating players to play longer by giving them better equipment the longer they play. Then you prestige and it all starts again. I guess this is a way nearly all genres will bind players in the future, to give them better/nicer stuff the longer they play. People expect some form of incentive for their spent time, fun alone is not enough.

Actually I'm really considering playing WoW again. I didn't play since 2008 before WotLK came out. Being lvl 70 and doing f$ck all but raid content and farming money to pay flasks wasn't too much fun but now I'd have 10 lvl to catch up (and another 5 in December when Cataclysm rolls out), new classes to play and a lot of new content.

I mean, it's 13 EUR a month. That's appr. 1 ticket for the cinema or a bit more than half of a BluRay movie.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the motivation is still there, but it's not the driving force of the game, as is in most MMOs WoW not withstanding. They've recently released patch 4.0 which is pretty dramatically different to prior versions, so you might enjoy it.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
Isn't it the same with MW2? It's motivating players to play longer by giving them better equipment the longer they play. Then you prestige and it all starts again. I guess this is a way nearly all genres will bind players in the future, to give them better/nicer stuff the longer they play. People expect some form of incentive for their spent time, fun alone is not enough

Level 70 here, never ever prestiged. Pointless IMO, but I don't fault the developers for structuring it that way. Though leveling to get guns and use guns you'd never use can be pretty fun and breaks up the staleness of already having played every level, using every gun, etc..

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Any initial thoughts on Fallout: New Vegas? I believe it was released on Oct 19.

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
Any initial thoughts on Fallout: New Vegas? I believe it was released on Oct 19.

Unlike others, I loved Fallout 3
smile.gif
New Vegas is on the way. With Amazon free shipping and $20 credit, I just buy games through them now.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
^^ Oh yeah, Fallout 3 was one of my all-time favorite games. I thought I would hate it at first because I don't like RPGs but then I got sucked in.

deven01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
Is anyone of you guys playing a MMORPG?
I've played Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, Warhammer and Eve Online. 1st Person Shooter just aren't as addictive as MMORPG so I'd like to play one again. Problem is, I dunno what. WoW was kinda sucked out after playing it so long, Ultima Online is just too old, Warcraft is meh (I love the lore and the game raped it) and Eve Online way too difficult for me to stick with without any friends playing it. Please give me suggestions, I'm so bored of virtually shooting people in the face over and over again.
I like big char customization and huge worlds. I still feel like UltimaOnline was the best MMORPG ever, especially on the freeshards. Already of how many pieces an armor consisted and that you were able to play without any fighting against NPCs.

Did you play WoW after the 4.0.1 patch? I used to play WoW back in the days. Anyways, after the patch, my friend invited me to play it again and I'm starting to like the changes that they've made. You should start playing again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads