• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No time to comment on many looks but this one stood out as something a bit wackily different:
Originally Posted by graphix
http://i.imgur.com/PQbBhl.jpg

oct17005.jpg

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Apart from my crappy old-man posture, how so? You know I do listen to advice.
smile.gif

BB, get thee to a core strengthening exercise class. All of your clothes will look 100x better.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
No time to comment on many looks but this one stood out as something a bit wackily different:

oct17005.jpg

Great looking corduroy blazer.

If there's enough material, I would cuff the pants togive it a more balance top to bottom look, just my opinion.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
BB, get thee to a core strengthening exercise class. All of your clothes will look 100x better.

+1

I suggest shoulder exercise to start.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

Doral

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Great use of the fall palette. I wish I could wear more orange, but I just look silly in it most of the time.
You may think you look silly but other people might not see it that way. Give it a try
smile.gif
Originally Posted by bleachboy
One thing that sucks about living in Nashville is that I could never wear that tie without every third person wanting to talk about University of Tennessee football with me.
You should try living in College Station, Texas home of the Fighting Texas Aggies whose school color is marron, yet their rivals of 100 years the Texas Longhorns school color is orange. Pepole see me wearing orange and I get some nasty looks but it does not bother me.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
- a ton of folks from my office went to that conference. they echoed your thoughts. - the pants and jacket are too similar in color. i think you needed more contrast to make it work.
You are right niidawg the pants and jacket are too similar in color to make it work effectively. ___________________________________________________________________________ A couple of outfits from this week. The first one I wore to a friends house warming and the second one I wore this Sunday.
DSC00003-3.jpg
DSC00004-1.jpg
DSC00007-3.jpg
DSC00009-2.jpg

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
More wife pics.
lol8[1].gif
I like the colors, & the suit is killer. Shirt is weeee too much, but that's just me.
confused.gif

Originally Posted by AlanC
img2740uk.jpg

Tie --- shoes. NICE. Very trad, sir
worship.gif

Originally Posted by someotherstyle

going to coffee on a sunday

Coffee on a Sunday with a pocket square? Dayum
laugh.gif
I suck with pocket squares, so I prolly need to step up my game...I only have about 5 or 6
peepwall[1].gif

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_0671.jpg

Beard is starting to get epic. Also, thank you for untucking your shirt on a weekend. It is a weekend, after all.
+1. Also, you might want to shorten your sleeves, and get pants with a lower rise.
Originally Posted by Doral
DSC00003-3.jpg

Nice look. Shoes are great, too. Slim those sleeves, and you've got a winner.
Originally Posted by Doral
DSC00007-3.jpg
DSC00009-2.jpg

I like this too, a lot actually, but I'd choose a different color pocket square...it seems too close to the tie color.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Coffee on a Sunday with a pocket square? Dayum
laugh.gif
I suck with pocket squares, so I prolly need to step up my game...I only have about 5 or 6
peepwall[1].gif

Beard is starting to get epic. Also, thank you for untucking your shirt on a weekend. It is a weekend, after all.

+1.

-knew you'd like that look...very much "you"
-thanks, I do my best, but that not epic, this:
IMG_6400.jpg

is when it was most epic. I've started growing it 2 and a half months earlier this year, so by March, whoah, watch out!
-bleachboy, yeah. Even if time is an issue, which it is with many of us, simple core activities would take you a long way.

Originally Posted by Red Glasses
Hi NYR,
Do you size up your jacket because all the stuff underneath?
thanks

I thought about it, but decided against it. Without the sweater, the jacket has a touch more drape, with it, you can see its slightly fitted. My tailor and I did have a conversation about it and we decided that since the fabric was so heavy, most of the time a sweater AND that jacket would be overkill.

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
Doral;3710512 said:
You may think you look silly but other people might not see it that way. Give it a try
smile.gif

DSC00007-3.jpg

I'll add this one to my inspiration files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics