• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

jddillard3

Reaction score
I went to Nordstrom to try on some Allen Edmonds. The lady told me that I had a narrow arch and that I need to wear Italian or Spanish cut shoes, because they will fit better. She then had me try on some Hugo Boss Chesterfields, and I will say that they fit much better through the arch and lower ankle. Are there any other brands that have AE style but are slimmer cut?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jddillard3
I went to Nordstrom to try on some Allen Edmonds. The lady told me that I had a narrow arch and that I need to wear Italian or Spanish cut shoes, because they will fit better. She then had me try on some Hugo Boss Chesterfields, and I will say that they fit much better through the arch and lower ankle. Are there any other brands that have AE style but are slimmer cut?

Try width C or B?

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a tom ford glen plaid sport jacket (6:2), and I love it, but I'm 20, and I'm certain that I wont be able to pull it off as easy as a peaked sb. So, I was wondering if it would be possible to alter it to a sb-peak lapel. Ive heard of such things done before, but not to something so fine, and with mixed opions on their results.

Has anyone attempted this before with satisfactory results?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE
I just bought a tom ford glen plaid sport jacket (6:2), and I love it, but I'm 20, and I'm certain that I wont be able to pull it off as easy as a peaked sb. So, I was wondering if it would be possible to alter it to a sb-peak lapel. Ive heard of such things done before, but not to something so fine, and with mixed opions on their results.

Don't even try. If you love it, just wear it. Don't worry about 'pulling it off', trust yourself a little.

There's no point ruining an expensive jacket that's great in every way except for a concern about what other people think.

dragonxking

Reaction score
where might one find slim fitting trousers made of this fabric? i'm really liking the texture of these
35_l1180422.jpg

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE

super bad idea. Either sell it or wear it with confidence.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BossTweed
Anyone know where I can still find the C&J Boswell, or a brown captoe blucher on a similar last?

cboswt.jpg

I have those in black and really love them. Since the Boswell is now discontinued you best bet will be the C&J Prestwood (on 358/348) or the Bradford available in both cordovan and calf.

I am getting the Prestwood next month.

Fogmaster

Reaction score
Hi! I need some help about jeans with particular style pockets. Not long ago I had a present from my friend from Australia - a pair of RM Williams slim fit jeans. They have large and deep frontal pockets and wide coinpocket, so it's not a big deal to take out any change, that I put in there earlier. So, after wearing them for a while I don't feel quite comfortable with my relaxed fit Arizona anymore, because of their small pockets. Could you please point me out some models/brands with large frontal and coin pockets? I'd go for something that could be easily bought in JCP or Sears.

coonky

Reaction score
Is the TB fit similar to BoO? If I'm a size 1/small in BoO, what size would I be in TB?

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragonxking
where might one find slim fitting trousers made of this fabric? i'm really liking the texture of these
35_l1180422.jpg

There are some Mabitex going on in B&S right now that have a rather large plaid with a purple overcheck. They are made out of this thick, heavy wool that is almost like carpet or something. They've been posted in WAYWRN too and look great if you can pull them off. Go check the Mabitex threads... I know at least one or two of them still have that style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads