• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Portugese and Spanish shoes

economiayocio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
I have worked in the spaniard shoe world as my grandpa owned a big factory.

All the spaniard shoes but Carmina or Magnanni ( that are well done copies of italian shoes ) are nothing but crap done shoes, example Lotusse, Thermans, ( copied dr marthens, even ther mans = mar tens )

All the owners, noveau riches with bad fitting zegna suits Porsche Cayenne or Mercedes S500 asking always for the most expensive wine .

They hate me for my class and I hate them for their unclass . Period.

I agree in part. Really good shoes, are only the Carmina's. They are the only spanish shoes I have in my collection and is quite big. Not so many countries have one good brand as Carmina. Maybe only a few...

I don't like the Lotusse. But I have to recognize that they make good woman shoes and that sometimes you can find their top lines, which is just ok, for very cheap prices. Nevertheless, I wouldn't buy them.

Icarus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
I have worked in the spaniard shoe world as my grandpa owned a big factory.

All the spaniard shoes but Carmina or Magnanni ( that are well done copies of italian shoes ) are nothing but crap done shoes, example Lotusse, Thermans, ( copied dr marthens, even ther mans = mar tens )

All the owners, noveau riches with bad fitting zegna suits Porsche Cayenne or Mercedes S500 asking always for the most expensive wine .

They hate me for my class and I hate them for their unclass . Period.

sig'ed

BicesterRules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by economiayocio
Don' blame others for your weaknesses. If you need the spell checker, it is your problem, not the forum problem.

And I think that you are a quite rude person. It would be good to learn some manners.

now, now econ, not everyone can type fast without making typos, only people like you which are fluent english speakers/writers, just like the majority of spaniards, well known for their english language skills

and please don't sulk, ragazzo (irony warning- i.e I do know that ragazzo is an italian word but i am using it to address a spanish boyo because spanish products adopt italian names to be more credible, like the boyo pretending to know what he is talking about)

let me address the irony on-line dictionary "quoter" next.
god it is a full time job keeping up with all the sensitive souls in this forum , but rewarding nevertheless

BicesterRules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jarandas
BicesterRules

Finally, it should have been obvious to everyone other than the more obtuse of you that my sweaping comments on spanish people vis a vis their shoe quality etc were to be taken lightly. Lack of irony is a common affliction in un stylixh people, who should not frequent SF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Definition of irony:

Irony, language device, either in spoken or written form in which the real meaning is concealed or contradicted by the literal meanings of the words (verbal irony) or in a situation in which there is an incongruity between what is expected and what occurs (dramatic irony).

Verbal irony arises from a sophisticated or resigned awareness of contrast between what is and what ought to be and expresses a controlled pathos without sentimentality. It is a form of indirection that avoids overt praise or censure, as in the casual irony of the statement "That was a smart thing to do!"

I do not think you scowling comments about Spain were smart enough to be considered ironic, try harder next time...

Dear Jarandas

please allow me to adress your comment above:

/start/
you are an idiot
/end/

Regards, and may you have a pleasant weekend

BicesterRules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BicesterRules
now, now econ, not everyone can type fast without making typos, only people like you which are fluent english speakers/writers, just like the majority of spaniards, well known for their english language skills

and please don't sulk, ragazzo (irony warning- i.e I do know that ragazzo is an italian word but i am using it to address a spanish boyo because spanish products adopt italian names to be more credible, like the boyo pretending to know what he is talking about)

let me address the irony on-line dictionary "quoter" next.
god it is a full time job keeping up with all the sensitive souls in this forum , but rewarding nevertheless

hey Econ just checked your blog- i felt u deserved that much

A couple of comments

-Please get rid of the tacky adds- specially the ones that open extra windows with noisy sounds. Looks terrible. If you need more money get a job or ask your parents

-please improve your taste in shoes. The obsession with black oxfords is dreadful as those are the most boring of shoes. Loafers are also a non-starter unless you are american, preferably fat

-when was the last time you bought a new pair? -all the stuff on the site looks old or 2nd hand- again daddy may be able to help in the absence of a job

Please take this as constructive criticism , and feel free to ask for additional advice

yours
BR

economiayocio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BicesterRules
hey Econ just checked your blog- i felt u deserved that much A couple of comments -Please get rid of the tacky adds- specially the ones that open extra windows with noisy sounds. Looks terrible. If you need more money get a job or ask your parents -please improve your taste in shoes. The obsession with black oxfords is dreadful as those are the most boring of shoes. Loafers are also a non-starter unless you are american, preferably fat -when was the last time you bought a new pair? -all the stuff on the site looks old or 2nd hand- again daddy may be able to help in the absence of a job Please take this as constructive criticism , and feel free to ask for additional advice yours BR
Get a life man. You are here just to insult. You don't deserve an answer. And stop lying, because I don't earn a penny with my blog. The ads you are talking about might be viruses in your computer as there are none. Sorry. You might want to know that I have more pairs of shoes that you can ever imagine. I have only shown a few. That's why I am not so sensible with prices. i am sorry again. There has been one post per day since I started. It is going to last a lot, so you might want to keep an eye on it. I don't want your advice because if you think that oxfords are boring and shoes should not last all your life (I now understand your tastes, and why you look and might buy in H&M and MD) you just don't worth it. The best shoes are the ones used and lived. The ones YOU OWN. But you might not understand this. Try to find the translation of the word "hortera", you might feel identified. I am just thinking what your wardrobe would be like... I really feel sorry for you. If you are here to fight, you will not find any more answers from me. You are just a Troll and I won't feed you anymore. Bye, bye.

economiayocio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
economiayocio, don't feed the troll/moran.

You are right. Let's talk about spanish shoes. These are Carmina's in Cordovan. I think they are quite well finished and are at a high level:

The Tassel's :

5071171784_fd3d3e1435.jpg

5068550986_33292daa36.jpg

A full-brogue in cordovan and rubber sole:

5050557108_44266b6439.jpg

5050557556_cc494b1535.jpg

I have around 4-5 more pairs, I will keep posting pictures.

BicesterRules

Reaction score
yes

By all means lie. Now I challenge anyone to click on this guy's link and not be shown adds right away and/or when you click the subscribe option.

I am tired of blogs from people like this guy who create them to either advertise some products or get ingratiated with some brands who will in turn give them some freebies

Money greedy posters like you are the trolls in this forum, and it is bloody full of them.

It WILL be a pleasure to expose you for what you are.

BicesterRules

Reaction score
oh, and by the way Donald, and others, there is so such word as Portugese. It is spelt Portuguese.

There are other words for Spanish, like Hispanic or Latino, etc.

Must be great being from spain in the US. A guy leaves Madrid thinking he is white and becomes an ethnic minority on arrival to a US airport: White Hispanic/ White Latino-

I get a good laugh every time i think about it.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
I visited the blog and was not attacked by unseemly ads, but I also use adblock. Because I use Chrome, it has a built-in translate feature, which works surprisingly well. I did enjoy the following translation though:

"Today we discuss a classic among classics. Oxford is a completely smooth, are concessions, brand Alden Cordovan leather. It is one of the shoes of the brand, and particularly one of the most use"

economiayocio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
I visited the blog and was not attacked by unseemly ads, but I also use adblock. Because I use Chrome, it has a built-in translate feature, which works surprisingly well. I did enjoy the following translation though:

"Today we discuss a classic among classics. Oxford is a completely smooth, are concessions, brand Alden Cordovan leather. It is one of the shoes of the brand, and particularly one of the most use"

Thanks Bluehorse. I will just answer to you as I am here to enjoy and share good things.

I don't think it is adblock. Many computers now have it but I have entered with different explorers, in my mac with safari, in my ipad and in my iphone and in none of them I get ads. Neither at home or at work. I guess that if that happens, is because the computer might have spyware.

The Blog has been made in Blogger from google. I did not add anything (I doubt you can do it) and is quite simple, so I can't find a reason why there would be windows opening. No one I know has told me about that so I guess that it might be spyware in someone's computer.

About the translation, you already know how bad sometimes they work... The correct translation would be something like: Today we will review a classic shoe of a classic brand. It is a plain Oxford in cordovan leather with no decoration at all. It is one of the "star" shoes from the brand, and I particulary use them a lot." If you need anymore translations you only have to ask.

I have reviewed some Alden, Allen Edmonds, Carmina, Crockett & Jones, Gaziano & Garling... And I intend to review many more. I love all my shoes, and I only had critics for a C&J Boston because of the Cavalry Calf leather, and a Church in polished binder. I haver quite special shoes, specialy from Carmina that people son't know very well around here, so I will post here also some good pictures.

Regards.

pinchi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Wow, an ignorant, paranoid, closeted racist, moran/troll, who has named himself after a place known for outlet shopping.

I nominate you for SF poster of the year.

+1

Economiayocio: Please keep up the good and CONSTRUCTIVE work on your blog. Love the IWC´s, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads