• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

thebunk

Reaction score
Here is a dumb question. How long do you people where your new raw denim in the house or in private before you actually where them in public?

stinger70

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebunk
Here is a dumb question. How long do you people where your new raw denim in the house or in private before you actually where them in public?

it is a pretty dumb question. What difference does it make? As long as i can move in it and it isnt skin tight (depends how you size and what cut you've bought) then its fine to wear in public.

thebunk

Reaction score
The reason why I asked is I believe the main appeals of raw denim is the natural distressed look and how the denim changes to fit your body ( both of which takes time). I personally don not mind the plain indigo look but did not think it was SF approved.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reason why I asked is I believe the main appeals of raw denim is the natural distressed look and how the denim changes to fit your body ( both of which takes time). I personally don not mind the plain indigo look but did not think it was SF approved.
It takes at least a month of steady wear to even begin to see how the jeans will fade. Plus APCs stretch a lot in that time, so initial fits are deceiving. I got my NCs back from getting tapered. I had them taper them down to 7" from the stock 7.75" at the feet from below my calf (they are already tight on my calves). Here's a comparison between them and my NSs.
DSC_0854-tile.jpg
I'm gonna break them in slowly. My NSs are just over 6 months old and are really starting to show some character. These pics don't show it, but there's a cool diagonal phone fade developing over their left front pocket. Gonna alternate between the two for the time being. Two things I will def do different w/these new jeans is not cuff the bottom (no need, should stack nice once they soften up) and only do cold soapless soaks when they get nasty (instead of the 3 HOT washes I did on my NSs over the same span)

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes, or 31,536,000 (31,622,400 during leap year) seconds before i rock any raw jean in "public." i believe in a long break-in period. but that just me, you know?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
cool: thats interesting. for some reason i prefer the 7.5" hem. maybe because there well-worn and broken-in and what not.

Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
It takes at least a month of steady wear to even begin to see how the jeans will fade. Plus APCs stretch a lot in that time, so initial fits are deceiving.

I got my NCs back from getting tapered. I had them taper them down to 7" from the stock 7.75" at the feet from below my calf (they are already tight on my calves). Here's a comparison between them and my NSs.

DSC_0854-tile.jpg

I'm gonna break them in slowly. My NSs are just over 6 months old and are really starting to show some character. These pics don't show it, but there's a cool diagonal phone fade developing over their left front pocket. Gonna alternate between the two for the time being.

Two things I will def do different w/these new jeans is not cuff the bottom (no need, should stack nice once they soften up) and only do cold soapless soaks when they get nasty (instead of the 3 HOT washes I did on my NSs over the same span)

bob99

Reaction score
I just bought my first pair of APC's, and I'm excited!

I got a 30 waist in New Standards. I tried on the Rescues in size 30, and they were H-U-G-E in the waist.

Currently, I can almost button them up, but the top button is a fight. They're also pretty tight in the thighs, but I have faith that they'll stretch.

They were $195 CAD / $218 after taxes.

Now it's time to wear these things for a year!

Spyre

Reaction score
To follow up, I went to the store and tried on the PS 30 and the legs fit nicely but the waist had some slack... i figured if they were gonna stretch at all it would be too big. I ended up walking out with size 29 PS. I'm pretty happy with the decision. its tight now on the legs and a bit on the waist, but i figure it'll end up stretching out decently.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Cures too tapered for my liking, your NS looking good though

thebunk

Reaction score
Ok, so I have only worn my sz.34 NS for a few days and they feel a tad too loose in the waist. Should I:

- deal with it and jut wear with a belt on ( which would anyway but this has just been around the house)
- should I attempt to shrink them a bit? If I do this, should I wear them in the tub or just put them in on their own? What about only soaking the waist to the bottom of the seat?

niix

Reaction score
Ok, so I have only worn my sz.34 NS for a few days and they feel a tad too loose in the waist. Should I:

- deal with it and jut wear with a belt on ( which would anyway but this has just been around the house)
- should I attempt to shrink them a bit? If I do this, should I wear them in the tub or just put them in on their own? What about only soaking the waist to the bottom of the seat?

I've been wearing a belt with my 33 NC and I feel like the stretch is minimal compared to what others have said.

Although it's only been about a week or so of wear, I guess time will tell how much it will actually stretch.

As far as shrinking them is concerned (which I have no personal experience in), I've heard you can shrink them but they will go right back to the same size quickly with wear.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
cool: thats interesting. for some reason i prefer the 7.5" hem. maybe because there well-worn and broken-in and what not.
I prob should have posted w/shoes. The NCs look much better w/shoes; the NS just kinda hang. NC will definitely look better once they're worn.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I prob should have posted w/shoes. The NCs look much better w/shoes; the NS just kinda hang. NC will definitely look better once they're worn.

ah...okay. post pics please! thanks
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads