• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

picked up this fjallraven

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anamoly
can anyone comment on the quality. I read one review online guy said it falls apart easy. Best no be the case for a 350 dollar item...plus i really like it

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1216&bih=611

I have never heard of Fjallraven "falling apart"... from my experience their products are quite quality.

I still have one of their well-known Kanken bags from 3 years ago and it is pretty much like new.

Anamoly

Reaction score
Well good to hear. Cant believe everything you read on the internetz...

thanks

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
can anyone comment on the quality. I read one review online guy said it falls apart easy. Best no be the case for a 350 dollar item...plus i really like it http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1216&bih=611
yes, my experience with fjallraven is the stuff does fall apart. but they have a good warranty service. so they repair replace their stuff w/o to much difficulty. i have had one of their oban jackets and also their "vintage" messenger bag...both were returned for replacement. this forum has a small question thread for questions such as this for future reference.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Last of the True
That's ******* ugly. Who the **** likes foxes?

i think its "arctic" fox. but they make some cool affordable stuff.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Fjällräven is good quality wise. Ive used my greenland jacket almost daily spring-summer(nights)-fall for the last 3 years, and its just starting to look abit worn on the cuffs, and some stiches are loose on one pocket. Also had a "vintage messenger bag" that i used hard for years.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think there's any way to wear one without looking like a hipster (unless you're Bobo)

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
I don't think there's any way to wear one without looking like a hipster (unless you're Bobo)

This.

Reaction score
can anyone comment on the quality. I read one review online guy said it falls apart easy. Best no be the case for a 350 dollar item...plus i really like it

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1216&bih=611

Fjallraven is built for functionality, the Greenland won't fall apart, I think there's a lot better out there though for punting $350 on, and the winter lining they use the white fluffy wool looks poor imho mate.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how are they compared to canada goose?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32

I would'nt put them in the same ballpark to be honest cb, fjall' excel in basic outdoor wear, their outer shell jackets and the like do the job, keep you dry/warm, which the Greenland will do, they do what it say's on the tin, I suppose it come's down to what you want it for, from a fashion side of it I think there's more choice to this side of it like Nigel Cabourn & Moncler

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Individual
I would'nt put them in the same ballpark to be honest cb, fjall' excel in basic outdoor wear, their outer shell jackets and the like do the job, keep you dry/warm, which the Greenland will do, they do what it say's on the tin, I suppose it come's down to what you want it for, from a fashion side of it I think there's more choice to this side of it like Nigel Cabourn & Moncler

when it comes to jacket i dont care much about style, as long as its plain

will these keep you just as warm as CG?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Individual
Originally Posted by cb_32
actually i think they have one or two model that are somewhat similar, viz, the cantwell, expedition, and arktis, but then again they use totally different materials then cg and in my opinion are really desgined for two different customers. most of the cg, imo, is designed for the hardcore winter outdoors man, whereas the fjallraven is more multi-functional...doesnt do one thing really well but does everything ok...if that makes any sense. but like i said, in my experience, i find the fjallraven construction to be average or even slightly below average. but i have only owned two pieces, so it might not be fair. i really think fjallraven's claim to fame is the G-1000 material, which depending upon where you live might be something that is really useful.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahh alright thanks!

Stokely

Reaction score
I was recently in Scando. Saw a lot of Fjallraven, in every store everywhere. That's not to say I didn't like or it isn't quality. That said, it seems like REI or somesuch, but from Scando. And a lot cheaper over there, especially if you aren't paying VAT.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads