• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can i wear this shoes w a suit?

alastiar

Reaction score
well its more like a loafer, but dressy loafer so idk, what do you guys think? can i wear it with a suit to a wedding?

Other than that, what other outfit can i pair it with?

Sorry am new here and trying to learn abt fashion and how to dress well.

zxc.jpg

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alastiar
well its more like a loafer, but dressy loafer so idk, what do you guys think? can i wear it with a suit to a wedding?

zxc.jpg

You should really only wear patent lace ups with a tux to a wedding.
What type of wedding is it?
If it is a casual wedding, you could wear loafers with a suit. Loafers are a pretty casual shoe so you might be better with an AE Park Avenue in black.

Edit- BTW those loafers are terrible. What brand are they?

alastiar

Reaction score
thanks for ur opinion, those are Gucci, hint the buckle. the wedding is nothing fancy, not like a black and white ball or anything. just another wedding type of wedding

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
If it is a casual wedding, you could wear loafers with a suit. Loafers are a pretty casual shoe so you might be better with an AE Park Avenue in black.

they are not patent nor are they lace-ups.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for ur opinion, those are Gucci, hint the buckle. the wedding is nothing fancy, not like a black and white ball or anything. just another wedding type of wedding

What type of suit are you going to wear?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hope you don't own them already!

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
hope you don't own them already!

+1. looks like a shoe for a douche, but then again 70% of my posts are
spam[1].gif

Richdog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
they are not patent nor are they lace-ups.
He (somewhat obviously) wasn't saying they (in the picture) were, he was saying that the shoes he should be wearing are patent lace-ups.

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1

What planet are you on? I think you are assuming everyone is having a Westernized American Middle Class wedding. If you're just the guest, and it is a wedding in the day time, a casual wedding at that, why in the world would you come wearing a tux with patent black dress shoes?
facepalm.gif

alastiar

Reaction score
hmm, the wedding is 2 part, mornig for ceremony and nite at the restaurant. So you guys suggest I should only wear it in daytime only?

OakCreekHitter

Reaction score

zxc.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with wearing some slick Gucci loafers with your suit to a wedding as long as you are not the guy getting married!

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm, the wedding is 2 part, mornig for ceremony and nite at the restaurant. So you guys suggest I should only wear it in daytime only?

Given that you're on Styleforum, the only correct advice is to wear white tie in the morning and black tie in the evening.

The actual answer is that those shoes are awful and you should buy a pair of black captoe oxfords instead.

And if you're going to buy some Gucci loafers, buy the classic horsebit loafers.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OakCreekHitter
I don't see anything wrong with wearing some slick Gucci loafers with your suit to a wedding as long as you are not the guy getting married!

joke right???

The Silverfox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Given that you're on Styleforum, the only correct advice is to wear white tie in the morning and black tie in the evening.

The actual answer is that those shoes are awful and you should buy a pair of black captoe oxfords instead.

And if you're going to buy some Gucci loafers, buy the classic horsebit loafers.

You are recommending that he should wear two outfits, formal eveningwear in the morning and then semi-formal eveningwear in the evening? Are you high?

There are three acceptable options for daywear and three acceptable options for eveningwear, depending on the formality. For the day, you could go with suit, stroller or morning coat, the suit being the most casual and the morning coat being the most formal. For the evening the three are suit, black tie and white tie, suit being most casual and white tie being the most formal.

In the US people often "break the rules" a bit with regards to these things though, so tuxedo for a day wedding is not uncommon, but I would think if they were planning on doing a tuxedo-wedding they would have written something on the invitations.

If the wedding is quite casual, go with a nice dark suit with a subtle pattern on it. You don't want to overdo it, and this will be appropriate for both the actual ceremony and the restaurant afterwords.

i second the call for getting yourself a pair of captoe oxfords though. They are always appropriate, and in my opinion always the most elegant solution.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics