• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

hiisociety

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hayato
Anyone else hate it when your ex tries to pull some passive aggressive bullshit after you guys break up? I seriously hate Facebook. I think I will take the higher road.

FB became the breeding ground for these types of girls... Unfortunately...

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ex is being ******* crazy. Yesterday she sent my a text telling me how immature and pathetic I am because she saw me laughing with my friends and assumed I was laughing at her and she was so upset she went home and that I'm insensitive for not realising how upset she was that day. Today I was in a coffee shop, I got to the bathroom come back and she's at my table and asks if I can get her some milk, asks how I am and tells me I'm destroying my life with my occasional drug use and then she got up and left.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
My ex is being ******* crazy. Yesterday she sent my a text telling me how immature and pathetic I am because she saw me laughing with my friends and assumed I was laughing at her and she was so upset she went home and that I'm insensitive for not realising how upset she was that day. Today I was in a coffee shop, I got to the bathroom come back and she's at my table and asks if I can get her some milk, asks how I am and tells me I'm destroying my life with my occasional drug use and then she got up and left.
Wow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
nice. damn. that's up there with my ex for crazy.

Years ago I had a break up that happened because the girl was moving to a different city and we didn't want to do the long-distance thing. A month after she moved away she walks into my place of work unannounced and hands me a bag and then starts calling me an asshole for not trying to contact her. What was in the bag? She had taken all of the photos she had of us together and cut herself out of the pictures. A few of the pictures of me had holes where my head was.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji

You didn't buy her the milk, right?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She just deleted me from facebook like 10 mins ago, crazy girl. I don't blame her for being so messed up, her dads a coke dealer who left her when she was like 3 so I suppose thats reason for her to be fucked.

ghostbusters101

Reaction score
Advice please, old men.

Going to talk on the phone with a girl that essentially broke up with me a few months ago. She sent me texts a couple nights ago saying that she looked at a picture of us the other day and started crying so we should talk on the phone soon. So it may be a heavy talk. How should I play it if I want to potentially get back together with her down the line? I'm still young so this is future talk. Whenever we talk which is rarely, I do the whole "I love single life" routine and act like my life is great now which has been working well. Since talking like this instead of acting like a sap, she tells me she misses me, sends me little "<3" text messages, has a different tone on the phone, etc.

Q:Has anyone had any success getting a girl back by exaggerating how happy you are without her when you talk? It seems to be working well for me.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Sappy declarations of love never work. So do whatever is not that.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
^^ Sappy declarations of love never work. So do whatever is not that.

The ONLY place they work is in chick-flicks.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghostbusters101
Advice please, old men. Going to talk on the phone with a girl that essentially broke up with me a few months ago. She sent me texts a couple nights ago saying that she looked at a picture of us the other day and started crying so we should talk on the phone soon. So it may be a heavy talk. How should I play it if I want to potentially get back together with her down the line? I'm still young so this is future talk. Whenever we talk which is rarely, I do the whole "I love single life" routine and act like my life is great now which has been working well. Since talking like this instead of acting like a sap, she tells me she misses me, sends me little "<3" text messages, has a different tone on the phone, etc. Q:Has anyone had any success getting a girl back by exaggerating how happy you are without her when you talk? It seems to be working well for me.
According to books like The Game, etc. that would be a great way to get here back. It's the opposite of telling her you love her and acting all needy and sappy. Ideally you want to look like you're happy without her (which you're doing sounds like) but also dating other people, enjoying your hobbies, maybe traveling and experiencing new things that she could be a part of if she was still with you. Play up her jealousy as much as you can and pretend you could care less whether she still likes you or not. Best of luck,

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghostbusters101
Advice please, old men.

Going to talk on the phone with a girl that essentially broke up with me a few months ago. She sent me texts a couple nights ago saying that she looked at a picture of us the other day and started crying so we should talk on the phone soon. So it may be a heavy talk. How should I play it if I want to potentially get back together with her down the line? I'm still young so this is future talk. Whenever we talk which is rarely, I do the whole "I love single life" routine and act like my life is great now which has been working well. Since talking like this instead of acting like a sap, she tells me she misses me, sends me little "<3" text messages, has a different tone on the phone, etc.

Q:Has anyone had any success getting a girl back by exaggerating how happy you are without her when you talk? It seems to be working well for me.

At first she thought you would be miserable without her. When she saw you are actually enjoying life without her, she instinctively wanted to be part of your happy life, which is why she wants you back. Girls are attracted to non-needy guys who have a fun, adventurous life. You can go about this 2 ways: you can tell her she means a lot to you, that you miss her, love her etc (in which case she will lose attraction for you) or you can show her how happy you are without her, how you are enjoying life and enjoying the company of other women (in which case she will want you more). The choice is yours.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ex just called. She's coming to pick up a few of her things left at my place tomorrow. This is the girl that I truly and deeply loved for 3 years and still do. Now it's completely over.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Ex just called. She's coming to pick up a few of her things left at my place tomorrow. This is the girl that I truly and deeply loved for 3 years and still do. Now it's completely over.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Answer the door all sweaty, wrapped in a towel, and yell back to your bedroom "Hold that position, be back in a second babe!"

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
Answer the door all sweaty, wrapped in a towel, and yell back to your bedroom "Hold that position, be back in a second babe!"

Perfect! I need to try that too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads