• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything looks great Mike, glad to see you are expanding the product range.

Grabbed the navy flannels pants to try out...

SerialComma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 97laxlude
I need a suggestion on fit for anyone that can help. I just got the Grape Gingham in XL and it fits pretty big. I was hesitant to order the XL but I measured three of my favorite slim fitting shirts and the XL looked to be the closest in measurement. When I measured the XL Epaulet shirt after trying it on the P2P measurement was 22.5' and then 23.5/24" when the pleat was spread out so I think that's why it fit so big. My good fitting shirts are S2S 18" and P2P 22" (whether it had a box pleat or not). I'm not sure what size to measure down to in Epaulet.

I'm 6'2", 180 lbs, with a 41" chest and very lean and want a slim fit. Any suggestion in size would be appreciated.

I'm 6'4", 185 pounds, with a 41" chest, also very lean. I have two shirts from Epaulet, one in an XL, the other in an L. My XL is spot on in the shoulders, but it's a bit big everywhere else. My L's shoulders might be just a hair small, but the rest of the body fits spectacularly. My XL looks pretty good (the shirt itself is amazing), but my L is the one that I get complimented on. In short, L's my new go-to size for Epaulet.

thirdman

Reaction score
6'3", 180, 41 or 42 chest, lean. My L grape gingham fits well, if a bit too big around the neck. Sleeves are right on, or just a fraction short, which is a luxury for RTW shirts when you're tall.

M fit well around the neck, but too tight in the body.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charlatan
Has anyone picked up the Thorogood for Epaulet Horsehide No. 685 Boot? I'm curious to see some fit pics.
I've got one from a store customer - it's paired with the EP's Smith jean:
5084128109_d0ca1720f6.jpg
See full size
Originally Posted by racknac
Man... just ordered the burgundy. I'm know i'm putting your kids through college.
Hah, thanks! At the moment my only kids are a Boston Terrier and a Shih Tzu. But these days we're working on a second permanent location. So, I'm taking your money and paying to to laywers, landlords, and a realtor - and thereby putting their kids through college. You should get a thank you note from Yale any day now.
Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
ahaha i think i made one of his rent payments this month. so worth it though. i placed a big order and grabbed the navy and grey sweaters, and then i log on, and BAM that magenta one is staring at me. i just picked that up too. so nice. SO nice.
Thank you sir!
Originally Posted by 97laxlude
I need a suggestion on fit for anyone that can help. I just got the Grape Gingham in XL and it fits pretty big. I was hesitant to order the XL but I measured three of my favorite slim fitting shirts and the XL looked to be the closest in measurement. When I measured the XL Epaulet shirt after trying it on the P2P measurement was 22.5' and then 23.5/24" when the pleat was spread out so I think that's why it fit so big. My good fitting shirts are S2S 18" and P2P 22" (whether it had a box pleat or not). I'm not sure what size to measure down to in Epaulet. I'm 6'2", 180 lbs, with a 41" chest and very lean and want a slim fit. Any suggestion in size would be appreciated.
You should be able to swing a Large without a problem. One of our employees has almost the same measurements. Drop me a PM - we can definitely exchange that for you. Oh, and one other thing - we got the Vanson Triton Jacket in Olive today. Holy god. The color is really subdued and awesome. Looks good with jeans, but it's potentially the best-matching jacket to chinos of all freaking time. Have a look:
5084114523_bcce999986.jpg
See full size

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike, gonna be in town Nov. 5-7. Please have pile of knits laid out across the floor for me to roll around in.

nativebelle

Reaction score
Oh man those fit pics for the 685 look awesome I cannot wait for Monday.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Yes, the Loden Cordovan loafers are $750. I believe that we just got 9D through 11D. I know it's a heavy price for these, but that Loden shell is really expensive to work with.

no, thats actually a good price, for some reason i thought they were $875. if you happen to get an 8 or 8.5 let me know. ill take em!

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any chance that you'll re-stock some sizes in the british khaki rivet chinos? i was waiting for payday to get a pair of 33's, but they're sold out in that size now.
ffffuuuu.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horse's_ass
any chance that you'll re-stock some sizes in the british khaki rivet chinos? i was waiting for payday to get a pair of 33's, but they're sold out in that size now.
ffffuuuu.gif

Oh absolutely. I've got 200 pieces running through our LA workshop now. They should ship to us in about a week to 10 days. We'll be fully restocked in all sizes. Once I have a confirmation of the final cut quantity (around Mon-Tues), I'll build the British Khaki back up on preorder.

junjye

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Are you wearing a medium or a large in the Vanson pic and when will you be getting the black in?
Thanks.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junjye
Hi Mike,

Are you wearing a medium or a large in the Vanson pic and when will you be getting the black in?
Thanks.

I'm wearing a Medium in the pic. All of the Black and Olive are instock - actually sold two in the store this morning. If you want a black one, you can order it off our website and we'll ship it Monday-Tuesday. Olive will get shot and online next week - probably Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks!
Mike

racknac

Reaction score
what sizes do you have in your yuketen hunt boots? How much are they as well? I'm going to swing by on Friday to your pop-up store to check them out.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
what sizes do you have in your yuketen hunt boots? How much are they as well? I'm going to swing by on Friday to your pop-up store to check them out.

We've got 8D through 12D, and they're $465. You're gonna love them!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads