• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB extra slim flannel

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked out the new extra slim flannels in the nearest BB stores and they are excellent. Great slim fit and perfect sleeve length. Made in China though ... Thought I'll share with SF.
2G14_RED
2G15_NAVY

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a little spoiled because my current flannels are IH super heavy winter flannels, but how thick are they? I prefer a bit of heft to my flannels, as (I assume) most others do as well.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the thickness? If they're decently heavy it could be of use to me, it gets ******* cold in Canada and you can't wear baller **** you just wear whatever keeps you warmest lol

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a flannel I got from Brooks Brothers a few years ago and while the quality and construction is fine, they are definitely not heavy at all. If I'm getting flannel from BB, I'll stick to pants.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
no
Man... they're probably not even that bad for cheap basics, same as the ginghams. Though at the same time, I'm wearing a MIC BBBF cardi as I'm typing this and it's sorta meh which is disappointing since the scottish cashmere and irish wool stuff is so good. Probably going to skip anything MIC from them from now on (ie, labelled "imported" on the website instead of "made in scotland").

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Man... they're probably not even that bad for cheap basics, same as the ginghams. Though at the same time, I'm wearing a MIC BBBF cardi as I'm typing this and it's sorta meh which is disappointing since the scottish cashmere and irish wool stuff is so good. Probably going to skip anything MIC from them from now on (ie, labelled "imported" on the website instead of "made in scotland").
I think you missed the joke:
Originally Posted by justsayno
look at my username
Originally Posted by jet
no

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the cotton/wool blend they sometimes use in their flannels.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
how many ******* flannel threads to we need? perhaps all 38 flannel threads can be made into one megathreak like the peacoat dummies

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
how many ******* flannel threads to we need? perhaps one major 38 flannel threads can be made into one megathreak like the peacoat dummies
We don't have a summer-weight flannel thread yet. Maybe one of the J.Crew fanboys can cook one up for us. On topic, interesting no mention was given regarding the fabric itself. Think I'll stick to Uniqlo at that price.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
We don't have a summer-weight flannel thread yet. Maybe one of the J.Crew fanboys can cook one up for us.

On topic, interesting no mention was given regarding the fabric itself. Think I'll stick to Uniqlo at that price.

The fabric is quite nice. Made in China does not usually impress me, but BB ESF flannels are very soft, I would say they have a medium thickness. They are a bit long in the torso, IMO, but I usually tuck in my flannels anyway.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
"Nice" compared to what?

Nice for the price. Compared to... oh, I don't know. A+F?
ffffuuuu.gif

Or J.Crew's flannels, god help us all.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Yeah, not exactly a glowing recommendation.

Just saying-- if I had a choice between BB flannel and other flannels from similarly-priced stores, I would go with BB. It's not simply the fabric quality but the designs, as well. For instance, I think J.Crew designed their flannels by hooking up a goat's brain to an algorithm on a computer and sketching down whatever popped up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics