• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talk about unaffiliated retailers here

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wangvicous
This happened to me. For about two weeks fedex said they received shipping info, then it just arrived without fedex updating tracking at all.

A woman with a southern accent just called me from Fed Ex and sent me three forms to fill out to release my shipment from customs. I have to fill out a footwear declaration form with tons of detailed questions about the composition and construction methods used on the shoe. WTF. I've heard of paying customs fees, but not of having to fax documents back and forth so you can get a pair of shoes shipped to you.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Customs has been getting odd in the USA. I had a pair of shoes take a month to get here airmail from the UK... tracking showed they entered the states, then nothing. USPS didn't do anything, I opened a paypal claim, just ended up thinking they were gone... then one day they arrive on my door. No note or any indication of why the delay, and package was unopened.

ivan k

Reaction score
That's odd - I guess I'm just lucky in that I've probably ordered from Tres Bien 15 times and I've always gotten my package in two business days with no customs.

rickimky

Reaction score
Tres Bien has a new code WELCOME that gives 15% off on everything. Add that with 20% off for orders outside EU, pretty damn awesome.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rickimky
Tres Bien has a new code WELCOME that gives 15% off on everything. Add that with 20% off for orders outside EU, pretty damn awesome.

The way the dollar has fallen, 15% just gets us back to par with where we were 2 months ago.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If my CC limit was higher, that Junya waxed jacket would be mine.
Probably a good thing that it's not...

east coast

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rickimky

Damn, I placed an order with them yesterday. Do you think they'd apply the code if I emailed them?

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by east coast
Damn, I placed an order with them yesterday. Do you think they'd apply the code if I emailed them?
Probably, depending on whether or not they have shipped your purchase yet.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i went through that same thing with the forms and everything with Our Legacy's webshop. I ended up paying 95.00 in customs fees for 200 dollars worth of shirts. Utterly ridiculous.

I will never, ever, use FedEx international again if I can avoid it.

Also, they didn't tell me that I was going to be charged, even though I asked them.

rickimky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
The way the dollar has fallen, 15% just gets us back to par with where we were 2 months ago.

Luckily for me I'm getting paid in SGD.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
How hard are the customs/duties for orders shipped to the US? I'm thinking about ordering a few knits but if I'm going to pay duties/customs then I might not bother.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have ordered twice and have not gotten hit by any sort of customs bill. They usually mark it down to around $30 dollars equivalent in SEK on the package. I ordered about $350 worth once and $100 worth the other time, and they were both marked as sweaters. YMMV

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads