• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J Tetbury: creasing problem?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like the nubuck leather of my Tetburys at all - drives me crazy how it shows any small little scuff or scratch. I would not recommend to anyone. The suede version however is perfect.

trickers1829

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
If you've tried them on, then you're the best judge of fit.
You are right, but there is still a difference between wearing them 10 min in a shop and wearing them during the entire day. Could also be interesting for other people who want to order them online and who don't want to rely solely on a single statement.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trickers1829
You are right, but there is still a difference between wearing them 10 min in a shop and wearing them during the entire day. Could also be interesting for other people who want to order them online and who don't want to rely solely on a single statement.

FWIW, I think Tetbury fits 0.5 size big.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
I have these exact same shoes and I love them.

Snuff suede and double leather soles?

BicesterRules

Reaction score
a post about quality issues in C&J from member "trickers1829", hummm..

watch out for "EG_12" reporting cracks in the uppers of newly bought JL Paris Prince II next

come on at least try to hide ur colours

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Snuff suede and double leather soles?

Umm... no. Oops. Mine are Dainite. Is the double leather a special order or something?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Umm... no. Oops. Mine are Dainite. Is the double leather a special order or something?

Very, very special ("store MTO"), but the colour is even more special. Ask Trini for more information.

Loudly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
FWIW, I think Tetbury fits 0.5 size big.
If I understand correctly, that's also my experience. I have a whole slew of C&J shoes, all of which fit in size 8. Except my two pairs of Tetburys, which are 8.5. Strange, since they are on the same last as some of my other shoes.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trickers1829
Now, I'm officially a Tetbury owner. Will report how they develop.

How have they worked out for you?

-LR

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loudly
If I understand correctly, that's also my experience. I have a whole slew of C&J shoes, all of which fit in size 8. Except my two pairs of Tetburys, which are 8.5. Strange, since they are on the same last as some of my other shoes.

Even stranger since I meant the opposite. I recommend to size down 1/2 for Tetburys

Claus

Reaction score
Even stranger since I meant the opposite. I recommend to size down 1/2 for Tetburys
Just checked my available data. Here are the average nominal allowences (the difference between the max. feet length and the nominal last length):
  • Any 348 last by Crockett & Jones:~ 1.3 sizes
  • Any last by Crockett & Jones: ~ 1.9 sizes
  • Any last with a UK size: ~ 2.0 sizes
That appears to confirm your impression to size down half a size. Note, however, that my sample of ratings for the first two groups is rather small and has a large varience. On a personal note: I believe, noone should go below a nominal allowence of 1.5 sizes for the UK or US systems.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized up and they fit OK. I wear 9.5 in CJ Hallam and Lowndes but ordered 10 in Tetbury

Loudly

Reaction score

I must have freakish feet. Perhaps the extended upper latches on to my ankle in a way that makes the bigger size fit better. I would expect that, if this were the explanation, there would be fit problems below (slipping heel etc.) which there aren't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads