• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The fine line between dressing like an old man and a sharp GQ/Esquire guy.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
Thats sad.

The man is Steve Reeves, and the point was to show that a good frame to hang clothes on goes a long way to achieving a good look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Reeves

Just google his name and you will get a lot if info on the man.

Thanks.
Checked his filmography, and not really surprised that I didn't recognise him. But I see that he was once directed by Ed Wood, which obviously is a plus.

I still do not see your point. You mean that a well-trained man looks better than one who is not? I guess that is why people go to gyms.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
Actually it is not. An etoufee is served with rice. Rice was not part of the paleo eating style. The biggest probelm with eating strict paleo is the cost. Real food cost more than the crap we generally eat everyday. I do not maintain a strict paleo lifestyle.

You really are not missing much if you never visit houston. I'm not native to this area, and will gladly leave when the time is right.

Because of volcanic activity and $2 off coupons, Paleo man actually ate a lot of fried rice.

His favorite, unfortunately, was shrimp fried rice.

- B

lou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lear
SF tends to attract a leaner, better looking individual (I think some must be models). They'll always criticize those of us with bad genes, chins, tummies etc. It's often not our fault. We're simply trying to improve on a faulty product. A product you can't send back for a repair or replacement.
Lear (the ugly one)

You mat not be able to send it back, but you can do a lot with what you have to work with. Granted Steve Reeves is considered to have been one of the most gifted individuals with regards to his genetics. however, getting off your butt and working your body and eating well can go a long way to changing things.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
Thanks.
Checked his filmography, and not really surprised that I didn't recognise him. But I see that he was once directed by Ed Wood, which obviously is a plus.

I still do not see your point. You mean that a well-trained man looks better than one who is not? I guess that is why people go to gyms.

+1. This implies a desire on your part to know about Steve Reeves, whoever the hell he is.

EDIT: Jesus chris, Lou. Do you have a hoard of Steve Reeves memorabilia that you are looking to drum up interest for?

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Because of volcanic activity and $2 off coupons, Paleo man actually ate a lot of fried rice.

His favorite, unfortunately, was shrimp fried rice.

- B

This is simply not true. I'm sick of your lies.

Chillax

Reaction score
i have seen some amazing physical transformations.
It wasn't good genes that did it, it was hard work and commitment to succeed

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chillax

How about an aggressive coke habit? Does that do it?

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
You mat not be able to send it back, but you can do a lot with what you have to work with. Granted Steve Reeves is considered to have been one of the most gifted individuals with regards to his genetics. however, getting off your butt and working your body and eating well can go a long way to changing things.

Won't work for face atop body
frown.gif

Lear (the ugly one)

lou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
+1. This implies a desire on your part to know about Steve Reeves, whoever the hell he is.

EDIT: Jesus chris, Lou. Do you have a hoard of Steve Reeves memorabilia that you are looking to drum up interest for?

I made an initial comment about how the OP looked in his clothes, and that he looked out of shape, with an old mans body. The point being that you can only hide so much of your physique behind your clothes. With a better frame to hang your clothes on you will look better, and less like an old man. I used Steve Reeves as an example as he was a natural bodybuilder, and not a roided freak.

Looking your best is not just about hanging designer clothes on your frame. Take care of your body and invest time and energy into it, and it will go a long way to improving how you look in everything that you wear. Regarless of how much or how little you spent.

lou

Reaction score

Exactly!!

Originally Posted by Lear
Won't work for face atop body
frown.gif

Lear (the ugly one)

You gotta change that attitude. How old are you?

poissa

Reaction score
what is MC?

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poissa
what is MC?

Men's Clothing. Where this thread resides... Until it gets moved to DT...

EZ

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this about the merits of a bespoke tie?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads