• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The fine line between dressing like an old man and a sharp GQ/Esquire guy.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Look, the problem with eating shrimp is that it makes you look friggin old to most size 14s and below.

Why? The tiny, tiny forks and all the cocktail sauce that inevitably gets on the shoulders of your jacket, in your goatee, and on your shoes.

What hottie wants to kiss a guy with dentures and horseradish breath? The answer? Only a few.

That, in a shell, is the problem.

- B

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Look, the problem with eating shrimp is that it makes you look friggin old to most size 14s and below.

Why? The tiny, tiny forks and all the cocktail sauce that inevitably gets on the shoulders of your jacket, in your goatee, and on your shoes.

What hottie wants to kiss a guy with dentures and horseradish breath? The answer? Only a few.

- B

You have been in the wrong places...

A bit of red lobster and you can bed all Louisiana and Mississipi

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
The man on the left is in shape, while the man on the right is not. Casual clothes on the in shape man looks good, but the suit still can't hide the poorer physical shape.

tumblr_l7bjeh4OtT1qbx7hoo1_1280.jpg

Right, the impression is that the gay guy to the left is in good shape while the potentially straight middle-aged family father guy to the right could have done well not stopping going to the gym after 40.

Was this your point?

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
We are not talking about bi-valves here. Removing a shrimps intestine is a simple process that takes about1.5 seconds.

The problem is not the time it takes. The problem is the attitude.

lou

Reaction score

- B

I'm not wasting good shrimp on a crappy shrimp cocktail.

I've got several good recipes for shrimp. Have you ever had a fried shrimp po-boy sandwhich, shrimp etoufee, shrimp gumbo. If your ever in Houston let me know, I'll cook.

lou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
You have been in the wrong places...

A bit of red lobster and you can bed all Louisiana and Mississipi

Red Lobster SUCKS!!! They should have their ass removed for what they serve and call food.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've read that clams are bi-curious because of their valving.

Is this true?

- B

lou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
Right, the impression is that the gay guy to the left is in good shape while the potentially straight middle-aged family father guy to the right could have done well not stopping going to the gym after 40.

Was this your point?

Do you know who the man on the left is?

lou

Reaction score
I've read that clams are bi-curious because of their valving.

Is this true?

- B

The internet is full of movies about bi-curious clams, so it must be.

Look up Penny Flame and Kinzie Kenner for a bi curious clam movie.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
I'm not wasting good shrimp on a crappy shrimp cocktail.

I've got several good recipes for shrimp. Have you ever had a fried shrimp po-boy sandwhich, shrimp etoufee, shrimp gumbo. If your ever in Houston let me know, I'll cook.

I will relent that an Ã
00a9.png
touffÃ
00a9.png
e is Paleo, but I feel that Houston is a bit too carby to visit.

- B

lou

Reaction score
I will relent that an Ã
00a9.png
touffÃ
00a9.png
e is Paleo, but I feel that Houston is a bit too carby to visit.

- B

Actually it is not. An etoufee is served with rice. Rice was not part of the paleo eating style. The biggest probelm with eating strict paleo is the cost. Real food cost more than the crap we generally eat everyday. I do not maintain a strict paleo lifestyle.

You really are not missing much if you never visit houston. I'm not native to this area, and will gladly leave when the time is right.

Lear

Reaction score
SF tends to attract a leaner, better looking individual (I think some must be models). They'll always criticize those of us with bad genes, chins, tummies etc. It's often not our fault. We're simply trying to improve on a faulty product. A product you can't send back for a repair or replacement.

Anyway, I have no thoughts on the OP's look. I simply wish him all the best in his transformation.

Lear (the ugly one)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads