• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Chan

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmb
these were ordered this summer on the tour -- my third commission. the estimated delivery was late oct early nov so it surprised me to see the box outside the door.

Very well done. The roll is indeed sweet; did you get it pressed after receipt? I was told the same ETA; have yet to receive my package though.

Originally Posted by quar
For what it is worth, as I don't have a photographer around, a crappy photograph of my first Chan order, a H&S Crispaire Navy Blazer. On my next order (likely a charcoal suit), I will ask for a slightly longer jacket, with a slightly lower buttoning point probably.

Came out well. A longer jacket may work better and you may also consider opening the quarters more (but both are clearly personal preferences).

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
we need Foo
foo.gif
to show us how to make these fit and look better.

Not sure there's much work for Foo here Lee.

Sazerac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Looks good VG. I'm looking forward to one of the 'vintage' fabrics soon as well (thanks yfyf).

Here's a few of my Chans. I'll have to dig up some of the others.

mayd.jpg

prkr505b.jpg

pkr030309btt3.jpg

Love the cord jacket, and my compliments on choosing the perfect tie for it. So textured I'll bet people want to touch you...in a totally hetero, non-sexual way, natch.
smile.gif

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmb
New items arrived yesterday...
Looks great.
Originally Posted by teddieriley
... I can't seem to nail the fit on the pants. Might look decent in pictures, but IRL, not that great.
Any improvement since then? The pants Chan made for me are excellent. In fact, I met Ambrosi and he insisted on taking them back to Italy to use as a model for pants he was making me. His will be slightly slimmer, of course. I've posted a version of this before on other threads, but this suit is from Chan (Shirt cuff is a little big and twisted. Pants could be pulled up a bit.):
p1030673b.jpg
I love it and am looking forward to a sport coat.

wmb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcate3
Which cloth did you choose for your tux? I've been debating about ordering one from Chan and have received information about Scabal. l

Got the Scabal barathea and it is very nice. I think I read somewhere on SF that Smith is great so check that out too if Chan has the book.

wmb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcate3
Which cloth did you choose for your tux? I've been debating about ordering one from Chan and have received information about Scabal. l

Lonneker;3699598 said:
Very well done. The roll is indeed sweet; did you get it pressed after receipt? I was told the same ETA; have yet to receive my package though.

thank you. I just hung them up in the bathroom with the shower running - the pronounced wrinkling fell away pretty quickly. I was surprised that it all came in one rather small box!

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a bad chan in the bunch so far

wmb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Looks great.

Any improvement since then? The pants Chan made for me are excellent. In fact, I met Ambrosi and he insisted on taking them back to Italy to use as a model for pants he was making me. His will be slightly slimmer, of course.

I've posted a version of this before on other threads, but this suit is from Chan
(Shirt cuff is a little big and twisted. Pants could be pulled up a bit.):
p1030673b.jpg

I love it and am looking forward to a sport coat.

I like the patch shape and color -- what is that fabric? It appears lighter than a true navy in this picture.

emptym

Reaction score
^Thanks. That's their standard patch shape. The fabric is a Smith Finmeresco. It's darker irl, probably navy. I think there were three blues and this was in the middle.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmb
thank you. I just hung them up in the bathroom with the shower running - the pronounced wrinkling fell away pretty quickly. I was surprised that it all came in one rather small box!

Very nice.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the jacket a bit too short and the lapels a bit too narrow, otherwise, Chan did a pretty good job on this one.
structured_suit-5.jpg

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmb
New items arrived yesterday.

(Please ignore the low-ish rise chinos that make the jackets look too short/open. I was too lazy to put on the suit pants...also holding the camera seems to pull the coats up a bit.)

Navy jacket is part of a suit.

First detailed photo is of the P&H Glenroyal on the odd jacket pictured in the last 2 photos. The color is more like the first picture.

Navy suit is Smith.

Brown odd jacket is Smith Finmeresco

Love the lapel roll on these jackets. What did you specify to get that?

wmb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
Love the lapel roll on these jackets. What did you specify to get that?

Thank you. The jackets are three button lapel roll to 2.5. I had the lapels widened about a quarter of an inch from what Chan would recommend.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmb
Thank you. The jackets are three button lapel roll to 2.5. I had the lapels widened about a quarter of an inch from what Chan would recommend.

I've never achieved that nice a roll on my 3/2.5 jackets. I'm envious. I'm going to have to press Patrick on the next visit.

Interesting about the lapel width. On my most recent suit, I increased the width 1/4" from prior jackets and lowered the gorge and breast pocket 3/4". I'm very happy with the result. I'll try to wear the suit Monday and have my wife snap a few pictures for this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads